One of the largest UK PC manufacturers starts reselling macs!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by anneleonard, Apr 20, 2004.

1. anneleonard macrumors regular

And its the company I work for! :D

RM

(I'm sure some UK-ers may be surprised that we are one of the largest PC manufacturers in Britain, but its all for the Education market so you may not have heard of us!)

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Argh! RM! I friggin hate those things! Reminds me of the nightmare days at school when they got a "new" computer suite only for us to findout it's yet another POS RM provided suite :eek:

(sorry mate :))

3. anneleonard thread starter macrumors regular

tehe

i won't comment on your comment - but at least they can sell macs to schools that want them now.... just don't tell microsoft we do ;)

4. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

I have to agree. When I was at school they kept buying these badly designed terribly made over prices pieces of rubbish. Very nasty.

5. SpaceMagic macrumors 68000

SpaceMagic

Agreed! I use RM at school... couldn't get more awful setup. The computers aren't that bad I suppose but if they are selling Macs now :p COOL! But i'll have left before my school gets one!

6. markoibook macrumors regular

So do RM sell Macs to individual students? And if so, is it at a student discount, and how does it compare to the Apple Education Discount?

I want to get a PowerMac later in the year...

Cheers!

Marko

7. thatwendigo macrumors 6502a

thatwendigo

I know nothing about RM, but I can hardly see this as a bad thing. If the company has an established education base that purchases large orders from them, then it's another outlet for Apple to get the hardware and software into the hands of students.

In a way, it's almost like McDonalds. Hook the kinds, and then hope the parents will succumb to the whiing. :D