One of the stranger questions you will see here...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by PkennethV, Mar 16, 2007.

1. PkennethV macrumors 6502a

Okay first of all just to let you all know, I am NOT switching to Windows. I have been using Macs all my life-since I was 5 years old. Next year I will be going to High School. My parents and I chose it because it's part of the E Learning Laptop Program. Now, the problem is we must use Windows:eek: :mad: (for school). Can you guys suggest forums that I can go to for help with Windows? Hopefully I won't have to resort to it much because I'd much rather spend my time here insted.

2. SpookTheHamster macrumors 65816

SpookTheHamster

I found Anandtech to be a good forum for Windows help.

3. BigPrince macrumors 68020

Where do you live that you can choose high schools and how does that work out? seems interesting.

4. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

there are Private schools and "Magnet" schools too.

5. BigPrince macrumors 68020

ah, gotchya. Its hard for me to think in terms of that since there is only ONE private school around here. So choice doesn't click for me, but in other parts I guess there could be multiple in close proximity.

6. nitynate macrumors 6502a

Pinellas county has a program called "school choice"

I can go anywhere in the district if I want. :)

7. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

ah, i had my choice of 5 or so. :eek:

8. PkennethV thread starter macrumors 6502a

I live in Toronto Canada. Although there's a default "feeder school" we get sent to, we can choose from any high school within "our area." It does not need to be a private school to able able to choose.

9. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

Where I live there are about 8 different public schools that you can choose that are all close by. (granted, not all of them are any good).

10. BigPrince macrumors 68020

Well in my "District" we have two high schools, but you can't choose. Most "districts" have one high school, some of the larger have two. And thats for what I would consider a large region, at least in my area.