Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PkennethV

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 16, 2006
Toronto
Okay first of all just to let you all know, I am NOT switching to Windows. I have been using Macs all my life-since I was 5 years old. Next year I will be going to High School. My parents and I chose it because it's part of the E Learning Laptop Program. Now, the problem is we must use Windows:eek: :mad: (for school). Can you guys suggest forums that I can go to for help with Windows? Hopefully I won't have to resort to it much because I'd much rather spend my time here insted.

BigPrince

macrumors 68020
Dec 27, 2006
Where do you live that you can choose high schools and how does that work out? seems interesting.

BigPrince

macrumors 68020
Dec 27, 2006
ah, gotchya. Its hard for me to think in terms of that since there is only ONE private school around here. So choice doesn't click for me, but in other parts I guess there could be multiple in close proximity.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
ah, gotchya. Its hard for me to think in terms of that since there is only ONE private school around here. So choice doesn't click for me, but in other parts I guess there could be multiple in close proximity.

ah, i had my choice of 5 or so. :eek:

PkennethV

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 16, 2006
Toronto
Where do you live that you can choose high schools and how does that work out? seems interesting.

I live in Toronto Canada. Although there's a default "feeder school" we get sent to, we can choose from any high school within "our area." It does not need to be a private school to able able to choose.

latergator116

macrumors 68000
Sep 30, 2003
Providence, RI

Where I live there are about 8 different public schools that you can choose that are all close by. (granted, not all of them are any good).

BigPrince

macrumors 68020
Dec 27, 2006
Well in my "District" we have two high schools, but you can't choose. Most "districts" have one high school, some of the larger have two. And thats for what I would consider a large region, at least in my area.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.