Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mondaiguy

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 9, 2010
I want to connect 3 devices (my MacBook Pro, new Apple TV, and iPhone 6s) to a "mixer"-like device and then use one pair of headphones to listen to all 3 devices. I'd be able to mute a device at any time and adjust volume as well. Preferably, the "mixer"-like device would have Bluetooth functionality so I could use a pair of Bluetooth headphones.

What's the best thing to get for this type of thing?

Does anyone know?

G.McGilli

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2015
As a House Music DJ - I'd suggest using a 3 channel Mixer that a DJ would use. Essentially - you would use a 3.5mm to RCA cable from each computer into the mixer.

Then - depending on the model you buy - you would have all kinds of control over the sounds- like if you just want to be able to lower or raise the volume of each channel - or more complicated stuff like mix the channels together.

You can get them as basic and simple as you want.

So - look for a mixer created for DJ's.

AS for BT - not sure. I haven't needed to buy a new mixer in over 10 years - so I don't know if they have BT or not on them now - but I'm guessing probably not since DJ's need precise audio delivery to their ears without the chance of any 'technology' hiccup.

But it can't hurt to look.

Good luck!

Hint: Google "3 channel mixer" :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.