One-to-one for lessons in Aperture

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by bean77, Jul 3, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

Anyone take advantage of One to one? I am going to be buying my first Mac and am wondering if it is worth it for programs like Aperture. I can probably navigate the every day stuff like set up, Internet, email, etc. Is Aperture so different from Photoshop that I wil need lessons? Is One-to-one worth it for other parts of learning my way around a Mac?

I am pretty tech savvy when it comes to PC's but asides from iPod, iPad, and iPhone, this is my first experience with the Mac OS, etc.

2. macrumors regular

I have used a Mac since the old SE days, when it ran off two floppies, with no internal hard drive! I have owned many Mac's since then, and have felt I have a fairly good grasp of the OS, and many apps.

Knowing that my spouse was going to inherit my old laptop, I purchased a One-to-One when I purchased my new laptop. I went to the first few classes ... and then went to all of them. While the classes were geared for a timid newbie, I found I was learning something at every class, and eventually took some classes alone on things that I had never used (garageband, for example).

As many private classes as you want for a year for $99? How can you go wrong?!?!?

Yes, I highly recommend that you purchase this! :D

Good luck, and enjoy!

~Waybo

3. macrumors 6502

^^BIGMac

Get it. Where you going to get weekly one on one classes for $100 for a whole year? Some of the "creatives" are more knowledgeable than others. Usually the best people will deal with Aperture/Final Cut sessions. It'll be well worth it IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you!

5. macrumors 6502a

100Teraflops

As the other people stated: Totally Worth It! I use 1 to 1 for FCP, iWork, iPhoto, and when I switched from the Evil Empire. I possess a firm grasp with iWork and Mac basics mostly due to qualified Apple trainers at my local store. Classes at a Community College will cost four times the price of 1 to 1 and that's for one class. Hope this helps! Oh, did I mention why you should not debate whether 1 to 1 is worth it? ;) :)

6. thread starter macrumors newbie

I should say I'm not entirely new to Macs. I had an Apple IIc and an Apple IIe when I was 14 or so.

7. macrumors 6502a

And1ss

If you haven't used a mac since the Apple IIe, I would say that you are "new" to Mac. BUT, if you have a natural affinity towards the Mac OS, then you should have no problem.

I would definitely jump on the one-to-one. Definitely worth the price and many of trainers are pro-photographers.