One version of Panther -> 2 Computers?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by KBFinFan, Oct 8, 2003.

1. KBFinFan macrumors 6502

Hey everyone,

I want to buy Panther when it comes out, and with the educational discount I think it's a deal (even though I just got a new 15" not even 2 weeks ago).

What I was wondering is if can install Panther on two computer with just one purchase. Or do I need to buy the family 5-license deal thing?

I know with Office, MS gives you three CD Keys so you can use it o a few computers, and I had the feeling that Apple was more forgiving with its licensing... correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks!

2. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

I believe that one purchase is for one Mac only.
    So I think you'll be needing the family pack. BTW this is a gr8 bargain... Up to 4 users extra for a little more than half the price extra!
    There isn't such an irritating little "check" over the network, like M$ Ofiice does....

3. irmongoose macrumors 68030

irmongoose

There are no CD keys or any checkup for the Client version, just to tell you.

irmongoose

4. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

You'll need two licences. However, you may want to ask if the Up-to-date plan will cover your machine new PowerBook. If that's the case, $69.95 + $19.95 sounds pretty good compared to $129 + $129.

5. KBFinFan thread starter macrumors 6502

I guess they aren't offering Up-to-date for AlBook purchases; however, there is a thread about calling Apple and filing a complaint.

Maybe if enough of us call something will be done...