One-way Video chat killed in Tiger?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dombi, May 13, 2005.

1. dombi macrumors regular

I have been trying to get one-way video chatting to work in iChat in Tiger, but I could not find a way to do it. Does anyone know how to do this? IT seems that Apple might have removed this feature... which I hope is not true.

This feature was very useful for many users... you could monitor things remotely this way, just as an example. So does anyone know if this is still in Tiger and how to make it work?

2. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    It does still work. I used it last week. It's under the Buddy menu; initiate a One Way video chat

3. dombi thread starter macrumors regular

Are you using Tiger? I have tried it on two different computers and that options is missing. It was there in Panther, but I don't see it in Tiger.

4. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

i always found this option to be weird... it wasn't consistent (seemingly) in when you could do one way vid or audio chat, and when you could start an audio chat if both users had cameras, etc.

i'm still in panther, and i've seen one way video chat both available and not, despite always having my camera on... so i don't think it's purely a tiger thing

5. dombi thread starter macrumors regular

Well... in Panther you at least saw this option in te Buddies manu... un Tiger it is not even visible... I hope that there is a way to bring this option back.

6. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Yes, I'm on Tiger and I know it's there because I was testing whether it still worked when doing a One Way to someone still on Panther. And it still worked. Are you highlighting the Buddy you want to use it with before you look?

7. JeDiBoYTJ macrumors 6502a

JeDiBoYTJ