one week left to macworld!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by jefhatfield, Jul 10, 2002.

1. jefhatfield Retired

Jul 9, 2000
    what do you most want to see?

i want to see faster, possibly g4 ibooks but what i think i will see is faster and better powermacs with ddr ram
  2. spuncan macrumors 6502

Jul 18, 2001
    hmm maybe this should go in the rumors section?
    Well anyways on w/ the post. I forwards to the Jaguar prerelease so I can see how fast it really is compared to the 10.1.5 or dare I say classic. Other then that I won't be happy w/ the hw updates unless a G5 or next gen. chip is involved. This is mainly because unless the G5 comes out I have to wait another 6 months to update this ancient 233 G3 "Desktop".
    Btw- I do plan to run 10.2 on it.
    A more colorful or black iMac sounds nice if its coupled w/ a speed bump and a larger monitor. I also look forwards to what Apple plans to do w/ all these companies it's bought other then push Winblows out of the Entertainment Creation market. Lastly I would like Apple to seriously talk about games and there future w/ the Mac (cough: UT2K3 for mac anouncement)
  3. King Cobra macrumors 603

Mar 2, 2002
    I've already made my predictions in a different area, so I don't need to regurgitate it here.

But what I didn't say in that same post is for what I expect from software. I don't expect Jaguar at the NY Expo. I do expect some sort of updated software, but not iTunes or Quicktime 6, until after, or when, Jaguar has been introduced.

I also expect a lot of people roaming the boards, somewhere at around 700. If the servers can't take 300, then, quite frankly, arn, you might be in he!! trying to get things organized for then. :D :cool:
  4. cb911 macrumors 601

Mar 12, 2002
    BrisVegas, Australia
    well i think there will definitely not be G4 in the iBooks this time around.
  5. Megaquad macrumors 6502a

Jul 12, 2001
    i want 1.5 ghz dual powermac ddr and 1 ghz imac with geforce4 mx
    then,whenever ibook and others will be updated,i want at least 800 MHz G3 with 32mb radeon 7500
    and of course,1 ghz tibook(64 mb r7500)
    eMac,btw should be 800 MHz
  6. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

If we are going to see anything new, all it has to be is a 1.4ghz Powermac with DDR RAM!
    Of course "one other thing" would be nice to!
  7. billiam0878 macrumors 6502

Mar 15, 2002
    Winter Park, FL
    I'm hoping for some new PowerMacs (probably I long shot now :mad:) at 1.4GHz with DDR and a new enclosure, new 17-inch and 19-inch Flat Panel Display to accompany those PowerMacs and an iMac with 17-inch screen at 1GHz. iMovie 3, iTunes 2, or Final Effects software would be cool, though I'm really just looking forward to Jaguar's MIDI support. I'd also love to see Apple use the InkWell technology in an iPad/iTablet. Oh, and one more thing, a price drop on the iPod so I can finally buy one! Well it doesn't hurt to hope, :)

8. billiam0878 macrumors 6502

Mar 15, 2002
    Winter Park, FL
    Ugh! Looks like I haven't mastered the smilies yet :)

Well that was supposed to be one of these: :mad:

9. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

Jul 9, 2000
    32 MB RAM graphics on an ibook? i am there

but 64 MB graphics on a tibook would make me drool too but price would likely be too high...and it would be the world's ultimate gaming laptop
  10. iGav macrumors G3

Mar 9, 2002
    I'd like to see....... super-fast........ pant-wetting..... make me scream like a teenage girl........ G5's......... Nuff said...... :D