One Wii Game.

Discussion in 'Games' started by Tommyg117, Nov 19, 2006.

1. Tommyg117 macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

I will be heading to Toys R Us tomorrow to get one Wii game. I have Excitetruck and Zelda. If you had to get one more, which would it be? (I have to use my gift card soon or it expires) Help from my fellow macrumors gamers?

2. ChrisBrightwell macrumors 68020

ChrisBrightwell

Can you pre-order (and pre-pay) Metal Slug Anthology?

3. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

4. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

5. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

6. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

7. seenew macrumors 68000

seenew

Rayman is really funny, my roommate got it, and we literally laugh out loud when we play. Super Monkey Ball looks kickass, though. So I dunno really.

I myself am looking for NFS:C, does anyone know for sure if it's out for the Wii yet? I thought it was a launch title, but I can't find it anywhere!

8. noelister macrumors 6502

9. Ja Di ksw macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

I have Super Monkey Ball, the first player is fun, though each level flies by (less than a minute). Is this normal for SMB? Never played it before this version. The Minigames aren't that good in my opinion, but I've only played them a little bit. Mainly, they are just hard to control / understand. The instructions on each one aren't that good. Still, I'm definitely enjoying the game, I'm just spending a lot more time on Zelda and Excite Truck (I'm amazed at how much I'm loving Excite Truck)

10. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

Yeah, what about Red Steel? I thought that was a launch title? Looked awesome on the videos we had at work...

11. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Is it worth $50? I might get it.

12. takao macrumors 68040

takao

the first half normally are rather easy but then it sometimes gets ridiculous hard in a few levels especially in terms of timing
    at least it was this way in single player in super monkey ball 2

13. Dunepilot macrumors 6502a

Dunepilot

The reviews have been less than Stellar. I'm probably going to leave this one, and wait for better FPS games for the Wii.

14. takao macrumors 68040

takao

i'm in the same boat actually
    my brother is going to get zelda so i'm not going to buy that
    for shooters i'll wait for those with online support
    games with minigames are tempting but with mario party 8 down the line for early next year (march for the USA) i'll wait on that perhaps

at the moment i'm thinking about rayman but it's minigames and i would like something with more single player substance

gonna be pretty funny launch with all that games on the horizon it's hard to make choices ... i guess i'll end up deciding in the store

15. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

Shame. They didn't have a rating on IGN when I looked before like. Shall have to see I guess.

16. Tommyg117 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

Thanks for your help! I think I may go with super monkey ball or trauma center! They both seem to have received good reviews

17. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

I picked up Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, but I haven't played it yet.:( If you liked either of the X-Men Legends titles, you should like this game.

18. seenew macrumors 68000

seenew

Since I didn't lay down the cash (he did) I can't really say. It's a one player game, except each time you beat a mini-game it becomes playable muliplayer later. It seems like it wouldn't be as fun if you weren't sitting around with your fiends also watching you play. The characters and sound affects are really funny, but I'm sure it's not as good if you're alone.

I'd pay $35-40, but it's worth the $50 if you want it now, and plan to spend time with your friends.

19. tjwett macrumors 68000

tjwett

Trauma Center rocks on the DS, it's gotta be cool on the Wii. That would be my choice.