Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nj-morris

macrumors 68000
Nov 30, 2014
UK
This looks interesting. Would love if they offered this at the same price as the OnePlus 2.
http://m.pocketnow.com/2016/05/09/oneplus-3-leaked-device-retail-box-images

image.jpeg

Reactions: MRU

nj-morris

macrumors 68000
Nov 30, 2014
UK
No kidding, I actually might get this. Let's look at the features we've got so far:

Snapdragon 820 v2
4GB RAM
32GB storage
1080p display
3500mAh battery
Oppo Quick Charge tech (0-100 in 15 minutes) Luxury if true

All I have to hope for is a 5.5-inch or above screen and AMOLED, or at least an LCD panel better than the one on the OnePlus One/2.

All for a rumoured $300. That would be VERY good value, especially considering OnePlus' overseas value, this should sell for about £239. I could easily get that for the money I would get off my S6 Edge+. We'll just have to wait and see.

spriter

macrumors 65816
May 13, 2004
I'm waiting for this. Seems like good value and I could justify it for a backup device.

Couple of rumours suggested a 5-inch display, which I'd personally prefer. The OPX was nice in terms of form factor whereas the OP2 was only let down by the camera (much like the X).

I'm hoping they can take the X design and add the standard 2016 flagship specs with a good camera experience. At £250-£280 I'd take it.

Reactions: c0ppo and MRU

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
I'm waiting for this. Seems like good value and I could justify it for a backup device.

Couple of rumours suggested a 5-inch display, which I'd personally prefer. The OPX was nice in terms of form factor whereas the OP2 was only let down by the camera (much like the X).

I'm hoping they can take the X design and add the standard 2016 flagship specs with a good camera experience. At £250-£280 I'd take it.

Yeah the One Plus X design and size but with 2016 specs and cheap price .. sign me up :)

c0ppo

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2013
Indeed. OP X is for me personally the best designed phone out there. Simply awesome minimalist design, and form factor + build quality are great! I would buy it in a heart beat.

But I think they will stick to 5.5" size :(

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Jul 2, 2008
Looks fantastic.

I do not like when cameras are centered like that though. It's a personal OCD if you will. :)

Screen looks fantastic with minimal bezels though.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Looks fantastic.

I do not like when cameras are centered like that though. It's a personal OCD if you will. :)

Screen looks fantastic with minimal bezels though.
so agree on the camera being centered! OCD rules! :)

Reactions: Cnasty

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Original poster
Sep 6, 2012
3,000mAh battery :( Not impressed, based on the previous OnePlus's having pretty beefy sized batteries for their time. The OPO had a 3,100mAh battery, when other flagships were like 2,600mAh that that time, and the OPT has a 3,300mAh battery, where most last year had like 2,800mAh.

My point being, this year the flagships have 3,000mAh batteries, I would have liked to see the OnePlus Three have something like 3,500mAh minimum, or match the S7 Edge 3,600mAh battery. But 3,000mAh isn't anything special whatsoever.

Plus not a fan of the fingerprint scanner looking just like a Samsung phone, I prefer it to match the Nexus line, on the back of the phone, and make the front of the phone cleaner and cooler looking. And the Oxygen OS is just meh, and OPO has been super slow with updates, being several months late after Nexus devices get updated, even HTC, LG, Sony and Motorola have beat OPO as far as much faster updates. And then the BS "invite" system to get the phone.

No thanks, I'd take a Nexus 6P over this OnePlus Three any day of the week, and pretty soon the 6P will have a price drop, getting close to the Three's price range.

Reactions: c0ppo and Sensamic

nj-morris

macrumors 68000
Nov 30, 2014
UK
3,000mAh battery :( Not impressed, based on the previous OnePlus's having pretty beefy sized batteries for their time. The OPO had a 3,100mAh battery, when other flagships were like 2,600mAh that that time, and the OPT has a 3,300mAh battery, where most last year had like 2,800mAh.

My point being, this year the flagships have 3,000mAh batteries, I would have liked to see the OnePlus Three have something like 3,500mAh minimum, or match the S7 Edge 3,600mAh battery. But 3,000mAh isn't anything special whatsoever.

Plus not a fan of the fingerprint scanner looking just like a Samsung phone, I prefer it to match the Nexus line, on the back of the phone, and make the front of the phone cleaner and cooler looking. And the Oxygen OS is just meh, and OPO has been super slow with updates, being several months late after Nexus devices get updated, even HTC, LG, Sony and Motorola have beat OPO as far as much faster updates. And then the BS "invite" system to get the phone.

No thanks, I'd take a Nexus 6P over this OnePlus Three any day of the week, and pretty soon the 6P will have a price drop, getting close to the Three's price range.

Bruh. It charges in 15 minutes.

epicrayban

macrumors 604
Nov 7, 2014
Evan Bass: http://www.androidauthority.com/oneplus-3-specs-leak-694466/

OnePlus 3 specs leak: 5.5-inch 1080p, SD 820, 64GB, 16MP

Wait... running Android N? He says "SS from an N preview build" in his tweet. Wut?

CjOYwczUoAA2DWU.jpg:large

In a tweet, Evan posted a screenshot from an Android N preview build on the OnePlus 3, which suggests that OnePlus’ new smartphone will either run Android N at launch, or be updated soon after Google releases the update this summer.

spriter

macrumors 65816
May 13, 2004
Interesting... I kinda hope it ships with N because otherwise it'll take ages to receive the MM to N update.

Oh and the camera shutter needs to be much quicker.

Reactions: three

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Original poster
Sep 6, 2012
That small battery for a large device is a deal killer. One of the reasons I do like larger 5.5" + sized phones is that they come with extra large battery sizes. Like the S7 Edge with a 3,600mAh battery or Nexus 6P with a 3,450mAh battery, and gets fantastic longevity and stamina for battery life. But just a 3,000mAh battery in the OnePlus Three is a major disappointment.

Lloydbm41

Suspended
Oct 17, 2013
Central California
Bruh. It charges in 15 minutes.
I don't believe this is going to actually be as simple as people think. There will either be caveats to limiting the use OR there are going to be a lot of damaged phones in the first 30 days. Hate to say this, but since this is a Chinese based company with little in the way of QA and customer service based on their past phones, they may not care. I for one do not trust this company.

Reactions: Tig Bitties

zonazolazia

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2016
That small battery for a large device is a deal killer. One of the reasons I do like larger 5.5" + sized phones is that they come with extra large battery sizes. Like the S7 Edge with a 3,600mAh battery or Nexus 6P with a 3,450mAh battery, and gets fantastic longevity and stamina for battery life. But just a 3,000mAh battery in the OnePlus Three is a major disappointment.

The screen resolution is 1080p though.

Wildo6882

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2015
Illinois

I wouldn't count it out just because of the number. With a 1080p screen and an 820, that could easily mean 5+ hours SOT. I would wait for some real reviews before judging it based off of a number. Heck, the international S7 sees 5+ hours with a QHD screen!

This phone is most likely not on my radar, though, because of an issue I had returning my OP2 last year. I had to make a PayPal claim just to get them to actually respond to me.

mountain

macrumors 6502
Dec 17, 2007

I would be satisfied if the battery can last as long as the iPhone 6s+.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.