Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OlivierBerni

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 16, 2012
icon_oneSafe.png

Secure all your passwords, internet accounts, IDs, bank details, confidential documents or secret picture with oneSafe!

Do you struggle to remember all those usernames, passwords and pass codes that modern life has forced on you? Do you forget Bank codes right at the moment when you need to use them? Now you can have them always with you and in perfect security!

With multiple categories, oneSafe safeguards your confidential information and keeps it all in order, so it’s quickly and easily accessible. oneSafe can also automatically log you into websites with just one touch. Whatever information you want to store, oneSafe adapts to your needs. Plus, with oneSafe’s color and texture settings, you can create the look that best suits you!

oneSafe allows you to
• Easily create, view and edit items and keep them in order
• Take advantage of ready-made templates to enter details quickly and easily
• Import your confidential information and keep it well-organized and secure
• Automatically login to websites
• Manage and safely store all your documents (Word, Excel, PDF, etc.)
• Perform a manual back-up to restore all your saved personal information
• Easily copy & paste complex usernames and passwords
• Modify the textures, materials and colors of each item
• Mark any item as a favorite for fast access
• Perform fast searches in the database with a simple to use, but powerful search capability
• Synchronize information between several devices using iCloud

Safe storage for
• Credit card numbers and PINs
• Social security numbers
• Door entry codes
• Bank accounts and tax numbers
• Usernames and passwords
• Loyalty cards and insurance policies
• Word, Excel and PDF documents
• Your secret pictures
• Whatever information you want using our all-purpose templates!

Key Features
• A unique, ultra-secure browser to store and access your information quickly and easily, without leaving behind any cookies or browsing history
• The highest level of encryption, AES 256, with a 256-bit code to completely protect your data from any possible attack
• A copy-paste technique for quick and easy entry of complex usernames and passwords
• A free back-up utility to prevent loss of data

oneSafe combines security, simplicity and elegance in a multi-purpose storage application. Get it now and prevent any hackers or wandering eyes from sneaking a peek at your personal data!

Links:

Last edited:

DjStiky

macrumors member
Apr 19, 2007
Are there any plans for a desktop version? I would want to access my data on my Mac as well.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
So storage of the data exists only on your servers?

That would be appear to be the case, though I would like the developer to respond explicitly.

I think that's a design flaw, in this application. I personally to store my encrypted information on the phone, not on someone's server.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
That would be appear to be the case, though I would like the developer to respond explicitly.

I think that's a design flaw, in this application. I personally to store my encrypted information on the phone, not on someone's server.

It's certainly a well presented offering, but I too would want to know about "Safe" storage aspect. OP, can you clarify this please?

Much respect to the dev because the app is good looking and I ponder it's function over 1 Password. I'm a big time user of that app on my iPhone, iPad, and desktops. However, I have a buddy who deals with security, to what extent confuses me greatly. He discussed online storage of this type of data and no amount of encryption online should ever be seen as 100% safe. Obviously if someone wants data they'll get it, even off my computer.

Therefore, I like options. If I can use this app in place of 1 Password (assuming I prefer functionality) then can I store my data locally and be 100% responsible for it? If not, then I don't think I'd jump on board until there was at least an option.

The lure is a cloud-based-like method of having access to this info from anywhere. I prefer to be annoyed with the hoops I have to jump through to sync my devices and databases.

OlivierBerni

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 16, 2012
Hi there,

I am part of the development team for oneSafe! Let me try to reply to your questions:

Are there any plans for a desktop version? I would want to access my data on my Mac as well.

Yes, we are planning to develop several desktop versions:
- A mac version available around end of H1 2012
- An HTML version, read-only, available also during H1 2012
- A fully-featured PC version available during the 2nd half of 2012

So storage of the data exists only on your servers?

No we don't have any servers to store the data. Data are stored in 2 places, up to our users:
- some of the data are stored only locally on your iPhone or iPad.
- some other data can be stored on iCloud and shared across all your iOS devices.

In any case, data are always encrypted and only a iDevice running oneSafe can read them, providing that the right password is provided.

I hope this answers, please let me know if you have any other questions! I'll be more than happy to answer :) !

TurboMoses

macrumors member
Jan 23, 2012
I've always felt that services that roll all your passwords under one password might have questionable security ramifications, but I'd presume that an app based on security would have the foresight be more secure than that. But that's a presumption.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I can't answer for this product but I use SplashID and have used eWallet in the past. In both cases I opted for the applications because their reputations were stellar.

No offense to the OP, but at the moment they do not have that track record and so there is an unknown introduced. We can't be totally sure that the data is secure. Perhaps when some third party reviews occur that will be enough to allay any risks

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Hi there,

I am part of the development team for oneSafe! Let me try to reply to your questions:

(snip)
No we don't have any servers to store the data. Data are stored in 2 places, up to our users:
- some of the data are stored only locally on your iPhone or iPad.
- some other data can be stored on iCloud and shared across all your iOS devices.

In any case, data are always encrypted and only a iDevice running oneSafe can read them, providing that the right password is provided.

I hope this answers, please let me know if you have any other questions! I'll be more than happy to answer :) !
When you say "some" how is "some" determined? When you say iCloud, who's cloud? Sure, not your local servers but you have to choose a "cloud" to store it on. How did Apple allow you to save to their iCloud? I'm a little unsure how this works as I'm not a developer.

You say "always encrypted", how so? What level?

I've always felt that services that roll all your passwords under one password might have questionable security ramifications, but I'd presume that an app based on security would have the foresight be more secure than that. But that's a presumption.
Yes, you would think that and I can appreciate that assumption myself until my data is in there and someone else is able to access it. To my knowledge, the application approval process doesn't include a deep level of security checks. In other words, if the app saves data where it says it will then I think that is a pass for Apple. But how is this tested and if not by Apple (because it would be silly to think this is their job) then by who? What credentials does the "tester" have and what bias would they have towards the app working or not working?

Too many variables that an answer bolded doesn't help. A very pretty app but it is a pass for me. I've been wrong in the past, I was critical of Tiny Wings (game) and look where that is.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
it certainly looks well presented but i do have to agree with everyone else here. i'd be willing to give it a chance if i was in full control of the data.

OlivierBerni

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 16, 2012
When you say "some" how is "some" determined? When you say iCloud, who's cloud?

Some is determined by our users. It's completely transparent in the App. You can also decide not to activate iCloud.
iCloud is a service provided by Apple to store documents and data on their storage infrastructure.
iCloud_Section_EN.png

How did Apple allow you to save to their iCloud?

Apple provide an interface to sync data (of any kind) with the iCloud storage. The data sent to the iCloud are also encrypted. Only your oneSafe's password will allow to read these data.

You say "always encrypted", how so? What level?

The encryption method we're using is AES256 and everything which is stored in our App is encrypted using this method: passwords and numbers but also documents, images, ... everything.
Besides, data get decrypted only at the very moment a user wants to read it.

But how is this tested and if not by Apple (because it would be silly to think this is their job) then by who? What credentials does the "tester" have and what bias would they have towards the app working or not working?

We worked with security experts and also obtained an "Encryption Registration Number" from the Bureau of Industry and Security.
Besides, we have about 1000 reviews on the App Store with an average of 4.5 stars, and about 200,000 users to date.

Finally, @maflynn, no offense taken don't worry :) !

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I will say the product does look very polished and professional. I may have to try it. The only limiting factor is the fact that I maintain my personal info on my computer and want to sync it to my iPhone/iPad, not the other way around. Entering and maintaining the data on the iPhone is more cumbersome then typing on a full keyboard and display.

OlivierBerni

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 16, 2012
How to use iCloud with oneSafe

A small note about how to use iCloud in oneSafe, as many users feel the need for explanations.

To let you synchronize only the cards you want to sync, only the iCloud section will be shared by all your devices, from your iCloud storage.

From the "Edit" category screen, you can directly move categories from one section to another, that is to say from a "locale" section to "iCloud" section and it will do the trick.

Spudair

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2012
Synchronise

A small note about how to use iCloud in oneSafe, as many users feel the need for explanations.

To let you synchronize only the cards you want to sync, only the iCloud section will be shared by all your devices, from your iCloud storage.

From the "Edit" category screen, you can directly move categories from one section to another, that is to say from a "locale" section to "iCloud" section and it will do the trick.

I need some help Mr. Berni,

I have read your post above many times and pushed buttons until my fingers hurt but I cannot see a way to synchronise between my iPhone and iPad. Would it be possible for you to explain in detail the steps necessary to synchronise over iCloud between these two devices. Frustrated
Peter

OlivierBerni

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 16, 2012
I need some help Mr. Berni,

I have read your post above many times and pushed buttons until my fingers hurt but I cannot see a way to synchronise between my iPhone and iPad. Would it be possible for you to explain in detail the steps necessary to synchronise over iCloud between these two devices. Frustrated
Peter

Dear Peter,

Let me take you through a detailed description of how to sync with iCloud using oneSafe, on an iPhone (it works the same on iPad).

1. When you open the application, you should see something like this:
iCloud-1.png
The "Computer" button on top of the screen allows you to access the list of your categories and indicates you the current category: "Computer". The categories are also materialized as small dots on the bottom of the screen, the white dot being the category currently opened.

2. When you press on this "Computer" button, it opens the category screen, from which you can create, edit, delete and move your categories:
iCloud-2.png

One thing that you can notice is that there are 3 sections in this category list:
  • The first one is your "local" category: in my case it is called "iPhone Simulator" and in yours, it should be named after your device (Patrick's iPhone for example). All the cards stored in this section are stored only locally on your device. By default, this section contains 5 categories (Computer, Wallet, ...) but you can add, remove, rename as many as you want.
  • iCloud: all cards stored under this section will be shared by all your devices connected to the same iCloud account.
  • Smart View: these are 2 smart categories allowing you to quickly retrieve cards across all sections.

3. Now, let's get into the detail of how to move and edit these categories: it is very simple, just press the "Edit" button from this screen:
iCloud-3.png

And then, hold the
holdButton.png
button to drag the categories under the iCloud section:
iCloud-5.png

4. All done! You can notice at this stage that the "dots" at the bottom of the screen have changed to small clouds for the categories which are now under the iCloud sections:
smallClouds.png

Finally, I'd like to add a few more explanations to conclude:

1. Regarding the category screen:
  • You can delete a specific category using the
    deleteButton.png
    button. Be careful however, as all cards stored in a category will be gone if you delete this category.
  • You can edit the details of a specific category: name, description, theme, by pressing on the category name:
    iCloud-3.png

2. Regarding the sections:
For convenience, you may want to see the iCloud section first, and then only the "locale" section. This is easy as well, pressing the "Re-order sections":
iCloud-3.png
Here again, holding the
holdButton.png
button, you can easily change the order in which the sections appear.

I hope this will be useful.

OlivierBerni

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 16, 2012
I have this installed on my iPod touch and iPad and I can't get them to sync between the two.

Hi there,

Can you send me an email using the "Bug Report" feature in oneSafe ? It is available through the Settings > About.

Thanks very much!

Olivier

nate13

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2004
Fargo, ND

I'll use the keychain on my Mac, and a piece of paper hidden in my filing cabinet. They can't hack the physical world yet.

metalfab

macrumors newbie
Jan 11, 2013
I'll use the keychain on my Mac, and a piece of paper hidden in my filing cabinet. They can't hack the physical world yet.

Now that the "Net" knows you keep a password in your filing cabinet, some social engineering and/or a break in is all that is required. Social hacking is huge, I'd recommend you do some reading on it.

dogthateats

macrumors member
Apr 9, 2012
So has anyone confirmed whether or not onesafe store your sensitive information on its servers or if it is stored on your device?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.