Ongoing Issues, Updates to Come

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by arn, Jun 6, 2005.

1. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

Apologies for the spotty updates and server uptime. As you might imagine, this has been a very challenging day.

The keynote updates did not go completely smoothly, but knox is busy analyzing the data, and I want to thank all the hard work of everyone involved. These events are hard to coordinate - especially considering we're just a handful of people who've never actually met each other face to face.

Thanks to Knox and Mudbug especially for doing the brunt of the work.

No regrets... you have to shoot high. :) and I think the system will be much better next time around.

arn

2. emw macrumors G4

emw

Don't be so hard on yourself. I didn't get even one server busy note today during the keynote or the subsequent Intel banter. That's unbelievable!

Sure, the keynote feed could have been better, but we got the message. Congrats and thanks to all for making the system so much better as it is.

3. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

I found out what I wanted to know within a few minutes of when it was announced. The system worked well enough for me... although it was a bit disconcerting getting an email about the Intel confirmation from my Mom before the MR Live site caught up (seriously). Other than that, I was quite happy! :)

4. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Here's the message from her:
    I'm a huge MR fan and willing to support the site in any way I can... please, if there's any way for me to help future MR members from hearing news like this first from their mothers (oh, the humanity), let me know. I thought it was just a false rumor, and then I was hit by the "just like PCs" line from my Mom. ;)

Seriously, though, great job! I was able to confirm things via MRLive before I could write a witty (but wrong) reply, and instead wrote something about her and bin Laden sharing the same biochemistry but being different. Lame, I know, but I was in shock.

5. buryyourbrideau macrumors 65816

buryyourbrideau

the front page was a little slow but i just went straight to the forums

good job on MRlive

watched it during school today haha :p

6. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Don't be too critical Arn, you did a bang up job - I was on the Live site for the whole time and didn't experience any problems other than the delayed updates near the beginning there.

All of us here at MR owe you a great deal of thanks for providing us with the ability to follow along with the day's major events - so for that I thank you! :cool: