Online backgammon for mac?

Discussion in 'Games' started by gadgetgirl85, Aug 22, 2006.

1. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

I'm looking for an online backgammon place. I tried Play65 it just ran too slowly (Flash and firefox) Havent really given yahoo much of a try on here but im not really a fan of it. Are there any other places I can try that are reputable and have lots of players?

2. kinsella93 macrumors member

gamesgrid is a client that is native to mac and has money play and play money play

3. Compatiblepoker macrumors regular

The only one not listed that's worth mentioning is Gammon Empire. They use Java like Play65 so it would probably be kind of slow also. Gamesgrid is prob. your best bet.

4. maxterpiece macrumors 6502a

maxterpiece

5. Compatiblepoker macrumors regular

It looks pretty cool. How does the site work? Looks like they have a bunch of games and jackpots. Do they charge a monthly fee and you can win jackpots for free? All the games work on Macs?

6. gadgetgirl85 thread starter macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

I signed up for GamesGrid for a month don't really like it.

7. madog macrumors 65816

madog

You can play some tavli [backgammon] at Yahoo Games or at MSN games [you should be able to sign in with just a hotmail account]. I haven't personally tried the one at MSN but my friend is quite happy with how it plays. I suppose there is some setup where it will highlight any moves you can make [not what you should make of course] which helps the game go by a lot faster.

For games like these you might as well give it a shot. Might not be what you had in mind but its simple and easy; nothing to download. Also, if you have neither, an optional Yahoo or Hotmail account is a good spam/newsletter address [if you ever sign up for stuff online].

Oh, and you can play against others or against the computer which is nice practice. When I checked it out about 700 players were playing tavli at MSN. :)

8. gadgetgirl85 thread starter macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

I played yahoo backgammon for awhile only problem was finding an opponent and the board is a little small for my bad eyes :p I'll have to give msn games a try

9. maxterpiece macrumors 6502a

maxterpiece

It's all free, i'm pretty sure. I used to play spades and euchre on there, and the occasional game of word whomp. Everyhting i played worked fine on my mac. The jackpots are only for certain games. NOt board games or card games, just like the arcade style games i think.

10. savanahrose macrumors 6502a

savanahrose

do you know how many games you can play at pogo with the mac? I play at pogo now, but only with windows.