Online Comedy Show - Some Hard Laughs Here

Discussion in 'Community' started by sureality, Sep 5, 2005.

1. sureality macrumors newbie

Sep 5, 2005
    I'm a huge fan of this site:

First off I should say that I HATE those shows where people eat worms or bugs or whatever for competition's sake. Disgusting.

That said, this show is fantastic because it's about the reality of cooking, and especially the reality of cooking on the cheap. Just what can you do with ramen besides boil and eat it? Louis shows you. What makes it fantastic is that it's in a real kitchen, with real guys, sharing a stove even! The most important part is that it's produced like a real cooking show, ala fast forwarding through the grocery store and precision scene cutting as the ingredients are pulled from the fridge and pantry. The entire production leads up to the taste test by the roomates (obviously not a paid audience, but a sceptical and cynical friend), which culminates into the fantastic appraisal: "this isn't half ****ing bad!"

The production quality leaves you to believe that this is going to end like every other cooking show, with a stupified audience at the shear delight of something so unexpectedly delicious. What you get is reality: one bite, the audience nearly barfs, and then admits that it is, in fact, better than plain ramen.

This is the first reality show I have ever seen or heard of which actually shows reality.

The new episode is up and its fantastic:
  2. sureality thread starter macrumors newbie

Sep 5, 2005