Online Movie Rental Service for College/Uni Students

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by mlw1235, Jan 8, 2007.

1. mlw1235 macrumors 6502

Are there any college students out there who use Netflix, Blockbuster Online, etc.?

I have been thinking about joining one for this coming semester because I realized how many movies I watched last semester and the general lack of rental places near campus.

Can anyone shed any light on this? And, do they allow you to easily change your address? (I won't be living on campus this summer and next fall I will be living somewhere else)

2. iMetroid macrumors member

I'm not a college student, but I use Netflix. Haven't had a single problem with it. It's very easy to change your address. You just go into your account settings and change it. No fuss. I looked into Blockbuster, but can't stand their site layout. Plus, in my opinion, Netflix is a better value.

3. adk macrumors 68000

adk

I know for a fact that Netflix lets you change your address pretty easily, but I'm not sure if you can send DVDs to an address besides your billing address. That said, I'm guessing you go to Beloit College so I can see why you want to get netflix... not much going on down there. Netflix ships DVDs from Milwaukee, so I think they would get to beloit in one night. I tried the blockbuster service for two months and absolutely hated it. The DVDs shipped from minneapolis but it would usually take a week to get a new disc after I sent back the old one. Also, Blockbuster never had any good movies in stock. Netflix always did. If you watch a lot of DVDs netflix can be a great value and is well worth it.

4. mlw1235 thread starter macrumors 6502

My "home" home in Beloit but go to Marquette in Milwaukee. And you are right, there is not a whole lot going on here.

I'm just curious because I will be continuing to move around for a few more years. It's good to hear that they are shipping from Milwaukee in that case.

Thanks for your help!

5. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Yep, you can change your shipping address. I'm a college student as well, so I switch it between college and home quite often