Online multiplayer gameing and a thankyou

Discussion in 'Games' started by enterthelight, Dec 23, 2003.

1. enterthelight macrumors newbie

:confused: I play online on a couple of sites and these two sites are very good however on the Remagen site on both when i spawn i get a tan coloured picture, wipeout.
    Cant see anything but others can see me, but if i just walk ahead i might walk out of it.
    When i watch as a spectator sometimes the person i follow has the same picture though he as the player doesnt seem to get it.
    As a result i have to dip out of that map.
    I run an iMac G4 800 with 512mb ram and thats all i have changed, running on 10.2.
    I think i need to update to 10.3, but for other reasons.

I found your site by accident and followed the advice given for the cheat codes for a section of the game i was stuck on in Spearhead V2.15 half track and it worked a treat, i could not have done it without the cheat and i was on easy.
    Abig THANK YOU for any and all advice.
    When the Captain get hurt and you have to use the RPG do you also have to use the mortor, as you soon run out of rockets.

Please email me if you wish, i am in the UK.

2. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

I've the same problem as you as it's only a problem with custom Remagen and Crossroads maps. I'm not really sure as to what causes this or how to fix it and like you end up ditching the server when this occurs. If it's Remagen I usually switch over to allies if I'm on axis as this orange/tan cloud is genenrally on the axis spawn side. Generally just sit upstairs or downstairs sniping at any Axis coming down.

3. enterthelight thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah i have heard of someonr called chad, was that you i sniped.:p

4. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

lol couldn't be me. I laughed last. He who laughs last shot first. ;)

5. Muskie macrumors 6502

Muskie

Is the tan color the one you get on startup? And the same color that you get when you change your video options? Cause if it is... I have no idea heh. Just wondering if it was that, or like, an actual cloud.

6. enterthelight thread starter macrumors newbie

The startup up colour you get is not the colour i am on about but when you are in the game itself, on a multiplayer match.
    These two ip's you can find me on 81.86.132.179:12203 and 24.103.88.159:12203 and sometimes 64.247.249.147.12220 if you want Mjr d@@m to waste you.
    :p
    I will look into changing sides when next on those maps and see what happenes.

7. neoelectronaut macrumors 68020

neoelectronaut

Okay...um...I'm lost. Exactly what are ya'll talking about?

8. Wes macrumors 68020

Wes

9. neoelectronaut macrumors 68020

neoelectronaut

Ah. I've been playing the demo of that. I love it, but the framerate drops a bit when there's alot of firing on the screen at once. I've been thinking of purchasing it, but jeez, $50 is steep for a game that's pretty old.

10. enterthelight thread starter macrumors newbie

:p There's not many games out there for the mac and fewer still that i like but when i have the time to spare there's nothing like chasing each other round the maps, or even playing on a map with just a couple of players useing rifles.
    Though i have to say that even on spearhead there are some out there that dont like the rockets and snipers.
    I know what you mean about the cost of the games, as this medal of honour delux edition with spearhead cost me £38, and at around $1.50 to the pound you guys in the states sure do pay alot more.
    I guess you lot must a bed by now so i will on the game site at around 9pm onwards which will be about 3pm onwards for you.

Later:cool:

11. AntiFreeze macrumors newbie

Heh, thats meh server

81.86.132.179 is my server...
    Cool, what do you think of it and the custom mods? Not to bad either seen as its running of a crappy bog standard home pc with a DSL connection

12. enterthelight thread starter macrumors newbie

:( Lo Anti freeze what happend to the game site.
    I joined the FistFull clan and am known as Rats now.
    So come along to 24.194.168.171 ;)

13. AntiFreeze macrumors newbie

The server had origonally been taken down because im preparing for moving to uni so its been undergoing some upgrades. I was planning on having the server back up full time last week but the powersupply blew-up so now im waiting for a new one. Should be going back up full time in a week or so.