Online Print service (Canada, or N. America)

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by epicwelshman, Mar 2, 2007.

1. macrumors 6502a

epicwelshman

Alright, I did do a couple searches of the forums but found nothing useful. I want to start selling prints of my photos. However, I don't feel like spending hundreds of dollars on a nice photo printer just yet. What online service is the best for art type prints, rather than snapshots? I'm based in canada, in case that makes a difference.

2. macrumors 65816

Buschmaster

I believe mpix delivers, correct?

They're the way to go if they can get it to you!

Edit: www.mpix.com is their website.

3. macrumors regular

I use Miller's Labs for all my printing. You don't have to join their service to get prints though, you can use the Thrifty printing service and it's CHEAP.

4. macrumors 6502

MPIX = Miller's non-pro lab I believe.

5. thread starter macrumors 6502a

epicwelshman

Good prices, but shipping is extreme... not a big fan of the flat-rate, especially seeing as I probably won't be ordering more than a couple prints at a time!

6. macrumors 65816

Buschmaster

If you saw their quality I think you'd be willing to either wait and get more prints at once or pay the bit extra for shipping.

7. macrumors 6502

It's $15 for shipping to Canada. So, unless he does order a bunch, it probably isn't worth it.

8. macrumors regular

A. my bad haha, i didn't realize they were the same company.

B. if you are going to be ordering prints repeatedly then you might look into registering with them, because then it's next day shipping always with no charge...which...is probably why they charge the flat rate for everyone else. But I agree with the other poster's the quality...is AWESOME. I love adding the fine linen texture, it really makes your pictures pop.

9. macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

WHCC! Amazing! The'll replace your a-little-bit-too-dark $90 foamboard print for free, no questions asked. By far the best, most customer-service oriented printing frim I've tried yet.