Only in America... (more schoolteacher sex!!)

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by hob, May 22, 2005.

1. hob macrumors 68020

hob

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

They got married! :eek:

Just imagine the honeymoon - if he doesn't perform up to expectation he'll be spending the night facing the corner. :(

I should probably include something about an Apple in this post but meh... ;)

3. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

What did he see in a 12 year old boy that made her fall in love to begin with?

But most importantly, was she hot back then? I can't remember. :(

Anyway, I actually wish them the best of luck. There's obviously something between that I will never understand. :)

4. hob thread starter macrumors 68020

hob

There's a picture of her from 1999 (I think) at the bottom of the article ;)

5. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Why would a teacher so old be attracted to a student so young? It just baffles me.

6. calyxman macrumors 6502a

calyxman

7. leftbanke7 macrumors 6502a

leftbanke7

There are two things (I think) it could be....she's either got some sort of serious mental issue that has yet to be diagnosed or she had no friends her own age and started to personify with the youth she was teaching.

8. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

if they are happy, power to them, although its a bit strange and whatnot.....

9. Dr.Gargoyle macrumors 65816

Dr.Gargoyle

Hear, hear... Just because we can't understand how they are thinking, it doesn't necessarily have to be bad. To call this a mental disorder is way out of line as I see it.
    As long as they are happy and don't hurt anyone, what gives us the right to say that this is wrong?

10. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    lets just wish them a happy mairriage...they have to raise two girls now yikes

11. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Plus her kids from her first marriage... Four?

12. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I wish them every happiness. Hope that they will have a long happy life. She paid for her crime. They just need to get on with their lives.

13. Dr.Gargoyle macrumors 65816

Dr.Gargoyle

well said...

14. DickArmAndHarT macrumors 6502

Although i cant understnad a 38yr old women loving a rather young looking 12 yr. old, I do believe that if both partys give consent than it shouldnt be punishible by rape. Im almost 15 and my gf is 18, but unless i was bein forced to do something i dont want to, then its not rape in my book

15. Dr.Gargoyle macrumors 65816

Dr.Gargoyle

It is not always that clearcut. Imagine two persons, one a very young person and one adult.
    For once, in most societies adults have some authorities which could enable them to persuade a younger person to engage in sexual activities without real consent.
    Secondly, most societies find it not acceptable for young persons to engage in sexual activities since they aren't adult
    There are many other arguments.
    The point is that the law has been constructed to protect the "weaker" part. In this case the younger person.

16. Inspector Lee macrumors 6502a

Inspector Lee

Depending on where you live, your current situation could quite possibly be deemed "rape" by the justice system despite the bliss you and your significant other share. And as a "minor" (my use of the quotes is not malicious), I believe your parents actually have the ability to press charges if they so choose.

17. hob thread starter macrumors 68020

hob

Yeah but it never happens unless it's extreme cases such as schoolteacher + pupil etc... for example, when I was 15 I was going out with a girl the same age, but I hit 16 first - so for a time, she was "technically" a minor blah blah blah... The difference is, the schoolteacher is there in loco parentis - a fancy latin way of saying that the kids parents had left her in charge, and that by sleeping with their son she'd behaved innapropriately...

18. Inspector Lee macrumors 6502a

Inspector Lee

I see your point. I was basing my post on a situation I was told about recently concerning a guy who was 18 who met a girl on the web who was 15 and they did their thing and she told her folks and they went ballistic and had the guy charged as a sex offender. The judge handling the case was up for reelection so you can figure out what happened to him - the 18 year old dude.

What is odd about the Letourneau case is I believe she was married at the time and had kids. So something wasn't jiving at home and it set the chain of events in motion...

19. AliensAreFuzzy macrumors 68000

AliensAreFuzzy

Yeah, that's weird. This reminds me of what happened in I think it was Fon Du Lac a little while back. This girl on the soccer team got suspened for having sexual contact with her 30-some year old FEMALE coach. Needless to say the coach was fired.

20. Platform macrumors 68030

Platform

There will never be lack of crazy people on this planet ;)

21. crachoar macrumors 6502a

That's awesome.

Looking back, I wish some of my female teachers would've raped me...

22. SpaceMagic macrumors 68000

SpaceMagic

Why aren't my teachers so willing! I've been trying to get them into bed since I was 11 :p

23. Chappers macrumors 68020

Chappers

This thread was before they got married.
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=90370

However my opinion hasn't changed. She is a convicted sex offender.

And would it be different if she was a man?

Imagine - 12 year old girl having sexual relations with her male teacher.

Does that still sound nice?

24. crachoar macrumors 6502a

25. Chappers macrumors 68020

Chappers

Go and stand in the corner