Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DFZD

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2012
I'd consider it a failure if it lost them money, or didn't give them enough profit to think about a successor to it.
FAIL in capitals is not the same as failure, its simple a slang. No worries, no harm done.

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
I personally wouldn't buy 5.5" iPhone myself (especially if the resolution remains the same as smaller counterpart), but I wouldn't dismiss the validity of 5.5" iPhone market.

Although 5.5" iPhone would look ridiculous in comparison to 4.7" iPhone, many folks I know use their smartphone more as a tablet than a phone. And some folks have poor eye sight so having a larger screen makes a natural sense (larger font setting on iOS isn't the same since that comes at the expense of reduced real estate).

5.5" is a form factor that fits in a large jacket pocket or a purse and I personally would not have a problem with Apple making 4", 4.7", and 5.5" iPhone models.

My only fear is the the 5.5 will have superior specs/features.

jimbo1mcm

macrumors 68000
Mar 21, 2010
"Consumers want something we don't have". Apple has been trying to figure out a way to get a good display into a form size that is not crazy and has great battery life. I say we put Sir Jon and the hardware guys in a room and the last one standing, wins.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.