Only one track of album plays?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by J-Low, Oct 10, 2006.

1. J-Low macrumors member

Hi all,

I was updating my tags and looking for and adding artwork for obscurities on iTunes last night.
    But I was also playing other music from what I was working on and I found that iTunes would only play the first song in an album and I had to stop what I was doing and go back to the album in the lbrary and play the next song.

Is this normal that iTunes forgets what it's doing when you move around the library while it's playing??

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Sort of. If you have a track playing in the library and ten make a search to narrow down the amount of tracks showing (say, to a different album), then iTunes won't automatically play another track unless the song that is playing appears in the selection showing in iTunes. Does that make sense? :)

3. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

Jewy is correct. If you listen to an album or song and expect it to play on, it won't when you start searching around for other music. I get perturbed at this feature, or non-feature.

4. J-Low thread starter macrumors member

Thanks guys,

That was really bugging me.
    More because I didn't know if that was normal behavior for iTunes or if I was the victim of my own ignorance (again).:confused:

Anyway, I finally worked around the problem by making a quick play list of the album and letting that run while I messed around in the Library.

Replying late as we are in different timezones

5. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

No worries. It's not really a feature or a non-feature so much as a limitation because iTunes isn't sure which song you'd like to play next. Of course, using playlists r Party Shuffle is an excellent way of getting around the problem. Good work J-Low. :)