1. neilrobinson macrumors 6502

i am looking at the website only100.com, has anybody used these guys, whats the deal? a powerbook for $100? or i am i missing something (maybe my brain?) :(

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

That'd be it :p

Seriously, it's so obviously got to be a scam.

3. neilrobinson thread starter macrumors 6502

did you look at the website.... ah yes your on 4mb now :mad: crappy aussie adsl...

yeah scam maybe, but it is a registered business - they display a scan of their registration paper doesn't sit right with a scam?

4. Solafaa macrumors 6502a

Solafaa

5. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Of course I looked, the site looks extremely amateur too, it looks like something you see from some 12 year old who just got space on tripod (or whatever), I mean please :rolleyes:

I wouldn't touch it with yours :eek: :p

6. mpw Guest

$70 for a couple of stickers and an emailed e-book telling you how to set up a website offering a couple of stickers and an emailed e-book for $70.

Once you've had 45 customers send you $3,150 you promise to send the first guy a laptop you paid $1,999 for clearing profit of $1,151 less the stickers.

Of course you could make even more by constantly sending yourself $70 for the email and keeping paying customers at the bottom of the list. Or even just not sending anyone a laptop at all!!

7. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

This my friend is called a pyramid scam! I'd suggest you keep that $100 and put it towards your new computer(wireless card perhaps? :p )

But yeah this is with out a doubt a scam.

8. neilrobinson thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks for the advice... i had a look on ebay and they are selling the same deal on their... wonder how long it will take till ebay kick's em.

9. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

Fugly website==scam

Too good to be true==scam

:)

10. kiwi-in-uk macrumors 6502a

Nope - it is a registered business name with no clue on either the ASIC or the Victorian registers about who owns the name (NNPS), which means that it could be owned by an incorporated business, or could be owned by a person. In other words the certificate of registration of a business name - by itself - does not describe what business structure is involved.

Edit: ... and therefore who is obliged to honour debts that are incurred.

11. cmvsm macrumors 6502a

cmvsm

Scam

If anyone subscribes to this and sends money to this amatuer looking crap site, they deserved to be scammed. :D