Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

amacgenius

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 3, 2005
Buffalo, NY
If you don't know already Win XP on Intel Mac website has the following message on it:

Isn't this site ugly?

Can you help? If you / your company can help us create a consistent look across our sites we would be very happy. Email Colin for more details.

Sadly, I agreed with them, so before emailing Colin, I took it upon myself to go and make a new/redefined look to the current site using all the current information, and I just emailed the guy with a link to the design and a screenshot. I would also like the input of the MacRumors community, so here's the link:

OnMac

Lemme know what you think!

GilGrissom

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2005
Your redesign is much better, but the main middle frame needs totally redesigning with it's structure changing. Get it away from the simple "paragraph" or "sentence" styling. Maybe have some more graphical representation as to what the site is about? Maybe in the corner a nice picture of an iMac with an XP desktop on it or XP logo?

I like the colour scheme though, I see what you're trying to do with the background and it's working. It's just the central main frame.

Just my ideas anyway...that's my current train of thought!

amacgenius

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 3, 2005
Buffalo, NY
Colin emailed me back:

Colin said:
Laurence,

That's a really nice looking site. I love the static background. Im currently with Timothy at http://ignorantcow.net/ as the lead designer on the site. The goal is to have a uniform theme across Mediawiki, vBulletin, Wordpress and the main site. This is a lot of work for one person. I know he would love any assistance he can get and you would be credited accordingly. I've passed on the link for Timothy to take a look.

Best Regards,
Colin

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.