oO Futurama Is Funny Oo

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by SamIchi, Oct 27, 2005.

1. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

It's funny, it's smart, it's funny smart, and has great characters. Too bad it was cacelled. I gotta say it's my favorite series, right next to the Simpsons.

Bender: Even though the screen was off and unplugged, an image remained on the screen, it was the WINDOWS LOGO...
    Fry: That's not scary at all
    Bender: It is scary if you're a laser printer!

2. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

It had its moments. For the most part, it couldn't keep my attention. It was better as background noise than actually watching the show. I think the same of the Simpsons. Family Guy and South Park all the way.

3. SamIchi thread starter macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Oh... Well if yo don't like those series, I can see why you don't like Futurama much. Those 4 are the only shows I really watch, and follow.

4. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

By saying "Family Guy and South Park all the way", I meant they are 2 of my favorite shows.

5. SamIchi thread starter macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Hah, oops, I read that wrong. Family Guy and South Park, don't have storylines like Futurama, that's a big reason why I like the series so much.

6. Prelude2Tragedy macrumors regular

I never watched or appreciated futurama until it got cancelled and i started watching it on late night adult swim and such. It is certainly one of my favorites behind family guy ofcourse.

7. jalagl macrumors 6502a

jalagl

Futurama is my favorite show ever. Family Guy is a close second.
    Futurama has all these "geeky" references that make it even better. The numbers in binary, physics references... and I still chuckle when I think about the Klingon Embassy in the episode where Zoidberg is running away from a crowd. :D

8. rickvanr macrumors 68040

rickvanr

I'm a big Futurama lover myself. It's on the Teletoon network here and I never lose a moment to catch an episode when I can. I have all the DVDs.

I am a big fan of the the Simpsons. I really liked Family Guy too, but neither held anything to Futurama in my opinion.

It was the characters that made the show for me. Great characters.

9. jdechko macrumors 68040

Ditto. But right now I'm without cable/sat. and I dont really have access to it.:( Oh well, I'm an adult who likes adult-oriented cartoons (Simpsons, Futurama, Family Guy, South Park... yeah, they're the same 4 as everyone)

10. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Futurama rules! The show deserves it's place high on my list of favorite TV-series (from March, but there's not many new shows that are contenders for that list, maybe Lost and the new series of Dr. Who, but both are too new to be considered ;)).

Of course I have all the Futurama DVDs. :)

11. jcarm24 macrumors regular

jcarm24

View attachment 33581
    The result of asking, "Stewie, do you know if Fox has any plans to bring back Futurama?"

12. ibook30 macrumors 6502a

ibook30

How can anyone not like a show with a robot who drinks beer?:D

13. Sic macrumors 6502

i'm with you, except i hate the simpsons!

futurama is my all-time favourite show, just ahead of Family Guy and Scrubs.

"that ice machine is so big, the ice crushes you...Jakov Smirnof said it"
    "no he didnt"

:D

14. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

I love Futurama! There was some chatter a few months back about a direct to dvd futurama movie... I wonder what ever happended to that?

Ed

15. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

Ooh! Futurama! Why was this show cancelled? :( It just had everything. It's the only show I have the DVDs of and it will be long before I will love another show as much as this.

16. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

Great show, and I never really appreciated it until after it was cancelled and I bought the series on DVD. I wish they'd bring it back.

17. jalagl macrumors 6502a

jalagl

Same here, at least until a week ago that I bought the BS:G DVDs.

The Futurama DVDs are awesome, and they have the best audio commentary ever by the creators. It is the only one I've actually watched. :rolleyes:

18. Solafaa macrumors 6502a

Solafaa

Only a few days ago i was told it was over :( it really made me sad i loved that show soooooo much, oh well there is a chance that it come back until then i will have to watch teh DVD's over and over again.

19. SamIchi thread starter macrumors 68030

SamIchi

It was over a long long time ago, but yea it does suck. I gotta say the series was reaching it's peak when the cancelled it. They had some crazy stuff.

20. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Yea Futurama is my favourite of the American Cartoons we get over here, IMO. I really cant stand the Simpsons anymore. Its just no longer funny. Glad Futurama never got to that stale stage.

I have series 3+4 on DVD though :) The way i saw it the whole thing just got funnier and funnier until its demise. Love the final episode. almost brought a tear to my eye.

21. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

It was the episode with Fry's brother and the five-leaf clover that almost made me cry...

22. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

robots can't feel emotions, and sometimes that makes me very sad.

as much as i love family guy, i wish they would have brought back futurama instead. it just seems so much more intelligent and well put-together than just a string of dirty jokes like family guy or south park...