oO Gettin' Ready to Upgrade Oo

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by SamIchi, Mar 4, 2006.

1. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Well it's almost been 2 years with my first Mac (eMac 1.25 GHz, 768 MB Ram, 10.3.9). I can't believe it's already been almost 2 years. Usually back in my PC days, I would have a huge hatred towards my computer at the point of 2 years. Basically because it would become a culmination of everything crappy that PC's are.

Ok enough about that. With the releases of the new Intel line of Macs, I'm planning on upgrading. I'd like to keep this one but I'm pretty sure I'm going to need the money. I don't plan on getting a new one till the summer, so I'm planning now. What's the best way to sell a used mac? I saw the Marketplace Forum, is that a good way? Only other thing I can think of is Ebay. What do you guys think? And how much do you think I could get for this fine machine? There's absolutely nothing wrong with it, as expected :D .

2. 4JNA macrumors 68000

4JNA

i believe ebay will bring you more money for the emac. your system is more of a 'switcher' mac, and the marketplace is lots of educated mac folks that are looking for a deal or for parts. just my two cents. good luck with the upgrade.

a friend just got a 20" intel imac and it kicks the crap out of my g5 dual 1.8 :eek:

3. SamIchi thread starter macrumors 68030

SamIchi

4. mikemodena macrumors 6502a

mikemodena

Definately ebay.. items sell a little higher there, but there are the fees to consider. Actually, you can try your local craigslist page, also.

5. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Rev. B all the way, baby. I'm right there with ya.

6. SamIchi thread starter macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Is that like a newspaper want ads?

:D Yea, I get gitty thinkin about it. Depending on how much I save, I'll most likely be gettin' an iMac, 20 incher hopefully. You guys know if a 23" iMac is a plausible notion? Or am I thinkin' crazy? I'd consider a gettin' a display by itself, but most likely I won't have a money for the G5, and I don't want a mini (unless they get a huge speed bump).

7. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

Well I sold my computer in the marketplace here. I was surprised to do so. I would try to sell it on here first, and if not, then go with eBay.