oO Super Samsh Brothers Brawl! Oo

Discussion in 'Games' started by SamIchi, May 10, 2006.

1. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/supersmashbros/screenindex.html?sid=6150531&page=1

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/05/10/super-smash-bros-brawl-revealed-for-wii-featuring-solid-snake/

Confirmed new players.

Snake (yes, from Metal Gear)
    Wario
    Samus (Zero Suit)
    Pit (Kid Icurus)
    Meta Knight (Kirby)

A Nintendog is in there too... I dunno if it's a playable character.

This is just too much to handle. Nintendo is awesome.

Update;
    Theres a trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTK4Ev5Wjbs

I just spooged my pants watchin that trailer. Best thing from E3 IMO.

2. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

Those screenshots don't look like they ahve anti-aliasing. Does anyone know if the Wii supports AA?

Other than that, the screenies look cool. Get a few friends together, and SSB is a blast.

3. SamIchi thread starter macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Yea, they look really jaggy, but this isn't goin to be a launch game so I'm assuming it's still in the early stage.

4. cartoonfox macrumors regular

cartoonfox

WATCH THE TRAILER!
    WATCH THE TRAILER!
    WATCH THE TRAILER!
    WATCH THE TRAILER!
    WATCH THE TRAILER!
    WATCH THE TRAILER!
    WATCH THE TRAILER!
    WATCH THE TRAILER!
    WATCH THE TRAILER!
    WATCH THE TRAILER!
    WATCH THE TRAILER!
    Seriosly
    WATCH THE TRAILER!

5. Macaddicttt macrumors 6502a

Macaddicttt

I just hope Ness returns. As long as he's in there, it'll be an awesome game.

6. jakethesnake macrumors newbie

Best trailer I have seen all day, and I watched the 15 min MGS4 trailer too.

7. n-abounds macrumors 6502a

n-abounds

I love Nintendo.

But I didn't like Melee as much as the original SSB for N64. So I dont think this one can top it either.

But saying that, any SSB is a good thing.

8. SamIchi thread starter macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Everythin in SSB was improved in SSBM, and I don't just mean characters and graphics. Gameplay mechanics, strategy, and moves were all upped for the better. After really playin SSBM, going back to SSB is archaic. There is no reason to play SSB after SSBM was released except for nostalgia. Anyone whose played SSBM enough know what I mean.

9. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

HOLY **** A KID ICARUS CHARACTER!?!?! :eek:
    *watches trailer*

AWESOME!!

I need to do some "reconnaissance" myself...

Or perhaps it's because we're seeing it on YouTube? :rolleyes:

10. woxel1 macrumors member

E3 is over, Nintendo won, nothing more to see here ;)

11. SamIchi thread starter macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Totally agreed, this puts them over the top completely. Nintendo knew what the fans wanted, and they delivered.

12. n-abounds macrumors 6502a

n-abounds

No, it lost everything. I hated how they added "gravity". It made you fall so much faster. SSB was art.

13. Ayre macrumors member

That trailer was gold. I loved how they added in Snake, all MGS-trailer style. Totally kick ass.

Snake's in there? I wonder if Sonic will be a secret character, finally? ;)

14. BlizzardBomb macrumors 68030

BlizzardBomb

Introducing... The Ultimate Game of 2007! SSB was revolutionary, SSBM improved on it by adding more of everything, SSBB looks to do the same. I can't wait to play as Snake! :eek::D

Soooo... let's see, That's Super Mario Galaxy, Twilight Princess, Call of Duty 3, Metroid Prime 3, ExciteTruck, Project H.A.M.M.E.R., Disaster: Day of Crisis, Red Steel and Super Smash Bros. Brawl that I want. Hmmm... I better start saving up :eek: :p

15. SamIchi thread starter macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Say what you want, that's just your opinion, and not accepting change (for the better that is).

Yea, that was sweet. I loved the last part where they played the MGS jingle when Snake enters.

16. takao macrumors 68040

takao

a must watch trailer

seriously i was haing my bet on sonic being the first 3rd party character .. Snake in smash brothers is pretty much one of the biggest surprises with nintendo so far

man and Pit is so deserving his own game .. i guess after this trailer the chances exploded for a new Kid Icarus

17. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

I cannot wait to play this. I'm gonna have to have a SSBB gathering the day this is released :)

...and yes, we need a Kid Icarus Wii game!

18. sam10685 macrumors 68000

sam10685

agreed 100%. this is just unbelievable... :):) :) hope nintendo has more surprises in store for us...:eek:

19. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

!!!!

YES!!! I'm getting a Wii as soon as apossible!

20. michaelltd macrumors regular

michaelltd

Man!

I was just blown away to hear that Snake is in the game!

I also hope for other third parties, and I'm sure there will be. The fact that we are seeing third party characters like Snake appearing in Smash Bros. makes it look like to me that Nintendo is definitly getting better 3rd party support again. :)

Hoping for Sonic (Sega), Mega Man (Capcom), Leon (Capcom), Cloud (Square-Enix), and Pac Man (Namco).

21. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Looking Good!

It's certainly looking good, but now I'm worried.... WHY?

What actual first party games will Nintendo have at launch?

If we rule out this, forget SuperMario Galaxy (remember it took half a year or more after the cube was out before we saw Sunshine) and we all know that Metroid is definetly 2007.....

So what's left?

Is this the piss poor reason were getting Zelda:Twilight Princess wii version as distinct from GameCube version. Just so they can have at least 1 AAA title, albeit not really a wii developed game? :(

With No release dates, No pricing and Questions over what games will they release i'm starting to get a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach...

Sony acting the maggott with core ps3 and now this...:( :( worse E3 ever.

22. takao macrumors 68040

takao

except metroid is indeed a launch title:
    http://revolution.ign.com/articles/707/707486p1.html
    first sentence

and they said mario will be available within the first 6 months

and mario,metroid and zelda at launch might it be a little bit crowded at launch especially for third parties

2 of them will be enough for a pretty much awesome launch worth remembering compared to the gamecube launch which didn't have really much AAA titles

nintendo themselves also like to launch straight away with their new franchises so project hammer / Excite truck will be very obvious launch titles (not sure on Disaster)

23. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

OMG :eek: i'm not going to say what you made me do, but can someone pass me a tissue :p

:D :D :D :D

That's alright then, can some one give me a valium with wii release date on it please..... go on, go on go on go on....

24. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

YAMANAYAMANAYAMANAYAMANAYAMANA

WHY DID I SLEEP LAST NIGHT?!?!?!
    Holy chimps. trailer downloading now. Very excited as Smash Bros Melee is the ONLY game of last gen to actually be played constantly to this day.

SWEET GOD MARIO'S FIRE ATTACK LOOKS INTENSE!@! Looks like they have big specials now :)
    Metaknight! He was so top! been waiting for him to appear in a Smash Bros game. I mean Metaknight mode on Kirby GBA was just pure awesomeness.
    Pit looks sexy to control. Them wings are going to feel great (one thing Smash Bros always got across was the characters feel of motion I reckon.)
    SUITLESS SAMUS! As hopeless as she was in Zero Mission though... :D
    About bloody time Wario turned up! Never thought i'd say this but Wario's face looks EXCELLENT. graphics are very smart there. looks like plastercine.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAH SNAKE! BOX! HAHAHAHAHAH

What an excellent line up of new characters! Now, I reckon they need to throw at least 4 new Pokemon in there, 2 Advance Wars people, if Snake is there then how about Grey Fox? They've never just stuck 1 character in there solo, cept Samus. Ridley NEEDS to be there.

Sorry folk. uber-excited. ITS A NEW SMASH BROS.

25. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I just realised this will be online too :) I'm going to destroy you all at this :D :D :D
    *watches trailer again*

My next gen mind has been made up. Nothing but this game matters. Sorry Metroid Prime 3, Mario Galaxy. It was fun while it lasted. "are you... dumping me?" yes. yes I am.