Oooo....New iTunes Phone - RAZR

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Chundles, Nov 8, 2005.

1. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

iTunes on new RAZR V3i

iTunes on the new RAZR. That's a good idea. Now, all moto has to do is put it on a regular non-flip phone with a good UI and a proper keypad with no camera and make it sync faster and they'd have a hit.

It's all my opinion of course but I do not like flip phones, I like the look of but not using the etched keypad and the UI just makes me want to shoot the people who designed it.

At least moto's on the right track though.

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

I like the RAZR's, and I like that fact that it has iTunes.

3. Chundles thread starter macrumors G4

Chundles

Well, that's good.

4. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Ya, I guess what I said was kinda pointless. oops.

As for Motorola, I really haven't been happy with their phones, I'vwe had two, and both have had the same problem: they don't charge up well. Sometimes I'll plug it in, come back later and it will never have charged. Sometimes I feel like I need to hold the charger in place for it to workd properly.

Is this phone already out? and what networks will it go to? Is Verizon ever going to get a good phone?

5. Chundles thread starter macrumors G4

Chundles

It's up on moto's website but I don't know if it's available yet, it's certainly not out here yet.

iLounge has a short article on the new phone - they reckon "Cingular" is going to get it. I think this is the US carrier's name that has the ROKR (or CRAP as I like to call it) at the moment.

For me, I'd like to see something like the SLVR but with a simpler keypad you can actually use by touch and a more intuitive user interface. And no camera so I can take it to the pool. And cheap, I don't want to be paying for the phone and a plan when it comes out in Australia, I want this to be in the range of the $150 pre-paid phones you see around.

If something like this came out it would be perfect, all I want is a simple phone that can provide some music in a pinch with the UI I am familiar with when using my iPod and a phone UI that makes nearly everything within 3 clicks of a button. The main thing is it must be sturdy, inexpensive and have really good reception - a must when about 80% of the country is empty, desolate desert.

6. m-dogg macrumors 65816

m-dogg

Don't count on it...Verizon has such bad phones. I don't understand why they don't make more of an effort to offer more/newer/better phones in order to gain customers.

A phone wil be out with other carriers for 6-12 months before it makes it to us. And then it is probably going to be crippled (i.e., bluetooth).

Oh well, at least they have a good network!

7. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

I have been very happy with Verizon's network, but thier phones arel like you said, "bad."
    I even sent an e-mail to verizon complaining...maybe once I get home I can put their responce on here for all to enjoy. :p

8. Chundles thread starter macrumors G4

Chundles

I'd like to see something like the ROKR, but pull out the camera, bluetooth, stereo speakers and make it thinner and lighter, then stick in iTunes and a new phone UI along with a really good internal aerial, fast USB 2.0 syncing and have it come out here as a AUD$150 pre-paid thing on all mobile providers and I'd be sold.

9. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

yea.. i hate verizon phones, they are terrible. Its not that the phones themselves are bad but verizon puts stupid blocks on things, like the bluetooth. Instead of those stupid ring back tones they should focus on make a fully enable bluetooth phone. ( i would never pay money so my friend or who ever can listen to some stupid song.

10. m-dogg macrumors 65816

m-dogg

Yep - I think "best network/worst phones" is a fair description of Verizon. For a while I felt Sprint had the best phones, now I think it's Cingular.

Post back with their response, I'll be curious what they say!

11. watcher2001 macrumors 6502a

watcher2001

Happy happy joy joy. I will probably get one depending on the price. The only thing I don't really care for on the razr is the battery life. It is not the greatest just being a phone. No doubt music will burn it up even more.

12. AoWolf macrumors 6502a

AoWolf

Yeah I agree I have to use verzion phones because they are a client of my parents. The network is great but why can't I have just one nice new phone just one!

13. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

now i must get one of those. i hope they got it in black

Bless

14. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Here's what I wrote:
    Here's what they wrote back:

15. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

The SLVR, or whatever it's called, should be the next one out. It's a "candy bar" style instead of the flip phone, but it's got the look of the RAZR. Etched, but buttons. A quick search of Google says the RAZR2 will come out for several carrier. The iTunes version will be Cingular only, the V3i I think. Verizon might get another version. Crippled, I'm sure.

16. Superdrive macrumors 6502a

Superdrive

Another phone which I'm sure wont end up on Sprint (CDMA). I tell you, I might end up on another network (GSM) if the disparity between the two carriers keeps getting worse.

17. alex_ant macrumors 68020

alex_ant

THS S FANTSTC NWS. NW iTNS CN BE ON MR PHONS THN VR BFR. RAZR, SLVR, ROKR.....!!!

18. m-dogg macrumors 65816

m-dogg

Sounds canned...oh well...

19. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

I know :mad:

20. Chundles thread starter macrumors G4

Chundles

Meh, carriers don't matter to me, none of those companies exist here.

I want a simple phone, with buttons, a good UI, no camera, no bluetooth, no stereo speakers, iTunes included and affordable to most.

21. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

You and me both. Don't hold your breath. I would like to add long battery life to that list though.

22. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

But what would we do if our phones couldn't Microwave popcorn and do the dishes? :rolleyes: Your right, a good, simple phone would be nice.
    At Verizon, when I signed up, the free phone didn't have an external caller-ID screen (which I needed), so I wanted the next phone up, it was a camera phone that cost me $50! :mad:

23. Chundles thread starter macrumors G4

Chundles

Ooo, good one, yep, long battery life. Shouldn't be too hard with all those silly features removed. Pulling out the camera and the speakers should knock out some weight and thickness, removing the bluetooth and the rest will boost battery life.

24. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I think you accidentally left a few vowels in there. You may want to edit.

25. jdechko macrumors 68040

I, too wish Verizon would pick up some cool phones. Unfortunately for Verizon customers, the future for cellular service appears to be GSM... Verizon is a CMDA company with no real reason to switch, and the phone manufacturers are making phones for the new(er) network tech. Verizon probably wouldnt switch because it would alienate their customers. I just wish that they'd add GSM capabilities to their network and slowly transition over a period of 10 years or so.

Im just really pissed because we only have a choice of Verizon or Sprint service where we live. :mad: Otherwise I would have gone with Cingular or TMobile (because of GSM and better phones and better rates too... 1500 min for 39.99 at TMobile... I get 1000 shared for $90/month :mad: :mad: )