Oooops, Installed Tiger, Lost iLife

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Alex Duggan, Apr 29, 2005.

1. Alex Duggan macrumors member

Hiya,

Have just installed my copy of Tiger - I chose to do a complete erase and install (backing up what I thought was everything) but didnt backup the iLife applications.

Does anyone know how to reinstall these from my original iMac G5 setup disks.

The Install Additional Software feature on the DVD only allows you to install Garage Band and iDVD. Restarting and using the full panther installer does not allow me to install iLife seperately either.

Help! I want iPhoto and iMovie back!

2. rtdgoldfish macrumors 6502a

rtdgoldfish

There should be an installer on your DVD that says Restore Programs or something along those lines. It will allow you to select iLife, AppleWorks, Garage Band, etc. Good luck!

3. Alex Duggan thread starter macrumors member

On my old iMac Panther DVD?

There is a 'Install Bundled Software Only' icon that will let me install Garage band and iDVD but not the other applications.

Or do you mean on the Tiger DVD - can;t find any program on there like that :confused:

4. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I can't speak for an iMac, but my Power Mac only come with one DVD. There's an icon called 'Install Applications & Mac OS 9' and clicking this icon lets me reinstall any of the apps that came with the system. The iLife apps should be installed if you choose this.

5. Alex Duggan thread starter macrumors member

Doing that only gives me the option to re-isntall panther and install the iLife apps at the same time :(

So am just doing that now, will upgrade fresh copy to Tiger then complete with iLife!

Thanks for your help anyway!