(Op-ed) Neocons setting up Rumsfeld as Iraq fall guy

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by vniow, Dec 22, 2004.

1. vniow macrumors G4

Jul 18, 2002
    I accidentally my whole location.
  2. skunk macrumors G4

Jun 29, 2002
    Republic of Ukistan
  3. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Feb 14, 2004
    First of all, the idea of anyone "swooning", either figuratively or literally, over Rumsfeld is ridiculous.

Second, I guess this is not surprising. In my view, it's long past the point where anybody could put a good spin on this war...especially after the latest rocket attack on our men. Even Dubya, in his brief comments to the press, looked weary and at a loss for words.

So now there needs to be a scapegoat. Rummy will be it because he is, after all, one of the dummies who hatched this cuckoo plan, and because outside of Bush, he is its most visible face. Neo-cons are among the most blood-thirsty of carnivores, and are certainly not above eating their own.

But there were plenty of others who fell in line enthusiastically behind this whole Iraq fiasco, and they'll keep their butts covered, I'm sure. So while Rumsfeld will take the fall, the rest of the puppet masters will go merrily on.
  4. solvs macrumors 603

Jun 25, 2002
    LaLaLand, CA
    If only, but Bush has already made it clear that he is standing behind him. No matter what. That is the thinking behind their ilk. They have made it clear that they support the War over supporting the troops, yet the people who stand behind them do not seem to see the difference... and that's exactly they way they wanted it. Even if Rummie left, it wouldn't solve the underlying issues that plague this administration. He'd probably just be replaced by someone just as bad or worse, like with Ashcroft. Though, it could be a step in the right direction.

I like how McCain very subtely voiced his dis-sastifaction, and kinda like how others are jumping on the bandwagon. Guess it kinda shows they are willing to call one of their own on mistakes after all... or just scapegoating and eating their own, as said above. Either way, I'm sure he'll go out with Bush calling him a hero or something. And most of those that are calling for him to step down to talk about how great he is when he does.