OPE: Our Purity of Essence

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Sydde, Nov 7, 2012.

1. macrumors 68000

Sydde

Forward-thinking Witchita Kansas voters have opted not to have their tap water fluoridated. Perhaps it was an issue of not wanting "toxic medicine" administered by the city involuntarily, perhaps a matter of expense (about an extra monthly dollar on the water bill), but what is not at all amusing is that these anti-fluoride activists are gearing up to set upon the entire state, even setting their sights on purifying the whole nation's bodily fluids. No matter how hard we try to move Forward, the past just keeps trying to drag us back.

2. macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

A truly great movie. :cool:

We've had fluoridation for decades, and I'm fine .... I'm fine .... I'm fine ....

3. macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

4. macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Well, they're going to have to answer to the Coca-Cola company.

Seriously, we shouldn't laugh this stuff off. These chuckleheads want to take their cause national? Wouldn't put it past 'em to get some followers.

5. macrumors 68000

VulchR

Yes, well, I live in one of the few regions of the UK that does not fluoridate its water. The reason? Get this - it is considered a medical treatment that would be given without consent. People die here during anesthesia for tooth extractions and also when bacteria from tooth abscesses get into the blood stream.....

6. thread starter macrumors 68000

Sydde

From what I could glean from the article, the medicine thing was part of the argument against. Because, I guess, flourine mineral compounds do not exist in nature :rolleyes: