"Open iPhoto to see photos in your library in this list"

Discussion in 'Mac Applications and Mac App Store' started by johughes72, Dec 4, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

HELP
    If I want to upload a photo to a website - eg for an advert, I click ADD IMAGE, and when my browser opens I go to MEDIA then PHOTOS then IPHOTO. This used to work fine, but now i get the message "OPEN IPHOTO TO SEE PHOTOS FROM YOUR IPHOTO LIBRARY IN THIS LIST". This does nothing, even if iPhoto is open, I can't see any of my images or upload them. I have a Macbook Pro, with IOX 10.7.5

Any ideas????
    Desperate!!!

2. macrumors newbie

delphus

If your library can't be found by iPhoto, you may try the following:
    On iPhoto: File / Switch to Library / Other Library (if any on display) / then find your iPhoto library on your user folder/Pictures / iPhoto Library

If there is no iPhoto Library inside your Pictures user folder, then hopefully you have it on backup :confused:

Cheers

3. macrumors member

If you do locate your iPhoto library file, you may have to re-associate it with iPhoto (iPhoto may have somehow forgot about it). Hold the option key when starting iPhoto and it will ask you to select your iPhoto library file. If you are seeing your pics in iPhoto then you can always drag the photo your are trying to upload to the desktop and use that copy to add to the website.

4. thread starter macrumors newbie

I haven't lost my library, it is still in iPhoto. But when I am on the net, and I want to insert a photo, they won't come up. EG if you were posting an advert and wanted to use a photo - you'd click upload image and go to the file where the pictures are (media, photos, iPhoto then the image), but my iphoto file looks empty! It used to work!!! Thanks for helping, will try what you said.

5. macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

Quick fix: Drag the photo you want to upload to your desktop.