open to my favorite song...any way to do this?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by qtip919, Sep 10, 2006.

1. qtip919 macrumors 6502

I constantly get hooked on a particular song, and I keep going back to it in itunes. Sometimes I find myself listening to a particular song 10-15 times (at least) in a day. I do alot of "ratings" but this only works to give me a great playlist. Ideally, there would be a way to launch my favorite song ... Im thinking a small button up in the top of the menu bar with a small music icon or something, and I could click it, and it would automatically launch the song that I have marked as my favorite song.

I know there is something like this on the new nike thingy for ipods...this is something that I would like to see right on my desktop...

i know you can drag a song onto the dock, but I have found that this gets to be a chore.

I want to mark it in itunes, and then have my little button always play whatever song has been tagged

Is there anything out there that already does this or something similar?

thanks in advance!

2. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

Create a Playlist of the one song and select to Repeat.

Not too sure if there's any other way.

3. 20rogersc macrumors 65816

20rogersc

[​IMG]
    Try Clutter.

This is meant for albums, but I'm sure you could do one song on it's own.

::20ROGERSC::

4. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

You could use QuickSilver or Applescript and just set up a hot key for a particular song. I do this daily with Quicksilver. But are you patient enough to figure out the program? (it's not too confusing).