Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The.316

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 14, 2010
25100 GR
Anyone getting a delay when right clicking and choosing open with? I get a few seconds delay because it seems like my iMac is trying to access my external drives.

And as far as my external drives are concerned, I cant access them as fast as I did in Lion. I get a delay opening them. I unchecked the put hard disks to sleep when possible, thinking that was the issue, but I am still getting the delay. Anyone?

Pardus

macrumors member
Aug 9, 2006
Vancouver, BC
did you figure that out... it is driving me insane. I am having delays of 30 seconds for my list to show up. not only that but even with my externals disconnected, stills shows apps from my external drives.

getting really close to throwing something probably valuable across the room. :eek:

tug

macrumors 6502
Feb 3, 2010
loughborough. u.k.
same here! hope somebody finds a solution soon.

i can be on this forum for a while say and then come out of page by hitting the red cross to close safari then open safari again immediately, it then takes exactly 14 seconds to open, this happens on everything, 14 seconds to open anything very annoying.

also has anybody noticed that when mac goes to sleep all working processes stop also.

while watching a film on atv via itunes if you pause and then start viewing again after say a few minutes and the atv screensaver is displayed and the mac has gone to sleep, you have to sign in to home sharing again to continue! this is infuriating to say the least. and it takes 14 seconds to re connect, yes 14 seconds!!!!! :mad::mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.