OpenGL

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by Saiko, Jan 14, 2007.

1. macrumors newbie

I'm using Xcode and I was trying to implament OpenGL but it seems that I didn't have the libraries and headers for it so I downloaded the "OpenGL CFM SDK" from apple and got it opened up but It just gives me files and does not tell me where I need to place them in order to use them so any help on how to install this SDK?

2. Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

You probably don't want the CFM SDK. CFM is pretty old school! You might want this if you are writing a Carbon app targeting OS9 and OSX I suppose...

Personally I'd just use the Framework already installed in the normal location. At /System/Library/Frameworks. In this case /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework

It contains all the headers I remember being required, but I've not used OpenGL for 8 or 9 years!

3. macrumors regular

You first need to include the frameworks as said above and then include the include files from their Mac OS X specific paths <OpenGL/gl.h> or if you want glut use <GLUT/glut.h>. It should work then.

4. macrumors 6502a

There are quite a few example projects in /Developer/Examples/OpenGL you can look at and base your own projects on. These projects should open up and compile without problems in XCode. The GLUT examples are probably a good place to start.

b e n

5. macrumors regular