opening bit torrent

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sangfezi, Nov 26, 2004.

1. sangfezi macrumors newbie

is there anyone in here who may be able to help me with the operation of bit torrent on my old skool os x 2.8...i know the whole world is on 4 by now or whatever. but i want to know if there is a way i can bypass not having to buy a brand new os and get bit torrent to work properly.

the problem is that when i try to run bt the file comes up in my tray bounces a few times then disappears without fully launching. any idea why this is happening? and what can i do?

2. neilrobinson macrumors 6502

try deleting your torrent program prefs or use another one, try tomato torrent, its seems ok to me

3. pivo6 macrumors 68000

pivo6

4. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

It works about as well as it does in 10.3.5

I think. But be warned, it's Java, and somewhat prone to RAM hogging and crashes that manage to take my entire PowerBook down :( . It's getting better though ;)

5. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Well, you're saying you're on OS 10.2.8.

Usually when the application opens and immediately closes, it's because it's not compatible with your version of the OS. I've had that happen with programs like Avid Free DV. It wants nothing less than 10.3.

I don't know if there's a way to get around that. You probably will need to upgrade.

6. jared_kipe macrumors 68030

jared_kipe

You could try to search for older versions of bittorrent, I know they exist from back in the dinosaur ages of 10.2.8

7. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

8. jalagl macrumors 6502a

jalagl

I second that. I used Azereus until I tried tomato torrent, and it works much better, at least on my machine.