Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

w00tmaster

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 21, 2004
I seem to be getting very poor speeds with programs like bit torrent(for legal stuff of course!) when I use the airport express with my powerbook compared to just plugging in the wire. It seems that the port that the client is using is blocked by the AE, but how can I open/forward the port? I can't see it anywhere in the airport admin software.

Thanks!

devman

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2004
AU
w00tmaster said:
I seem to be getting very poor speeds with programs like bit torrent(for legal stuff of course!) when I use the airport express with my powerbook compared to just plugging in the wire. It seems that the port that the client is using is blocked by the AE, but how can I open/forward the port? I can't see it anywhere in the airport admin software.

Thanks!

I'm not on wireless right now so I can't check, but isn't there a Port Mapping tab in airport admin utility. I think that's where you do this.

superbovine

macrumors 68030
Nov 7, 2003
there is a port mapping tab. you have to have your airport express in home router mode (I think).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.