Opening Word 2003 docs on the Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Grasbak, Feb 25, 2007.

1. Grasbak macrumors 6502

I use Word 2004 on the Mac. Recently a friend has sent me Word 2003 (Windows) docs that are setup in A5 booklet form when he created then on his PC. It seems that 2004 on the Mac doesnt support the booklet format - and I cant seem to reformat the document into anything useful.

Is this a well known problem? Any ways round it?

2. Gee macrumors 65816

What's a booklet? Word on both systems supports A5 page sizes - under page setup in the file menu. What problem are you having?

3. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

These are printing features. They are enabled by the driver for your choice of printer. If your printer does not support A5 paper, then you will have to create a Custom Size.

4. Grasbak thread starter macrumors 6502

Sorry for the delayed response.

The problem is, when I receive a document in this form, i cannot print it out (bits missed of top and bottom). Also i am not worried about the formatting, but when i try to, for example, make it a4 portrait to just print the text, it, well, i'm not sure what it does, the page size certainly isnt a4.

I have look at my friends document on his PC. Seems that the doc is set up as a4 landscape - but the pages are a5 when displayed. I think he has set it up so that you are working on A5 but when printing it prints on A4 paper but as though you are producing an A5 booklet. If that makes sense - eg when printing an 8page A5 doc it prints page 1 and 8 on the same A4 page.

It can't be that an advanced feature on Word as the peron in question isnt that advanced!!!!

In case it matters I have a Deskjet 940c. He prints to a similar A4 printer. I did notice in his printers list his default is Microsoft Image Writer or something like that.

Any ideas?

PS I think my printer is set up for A5.....