Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bumbo

macrumors 6502
May 6, 2009
Hey guys

i've downloaded some added themes (opennotifier circle fullcolor and opennotifier color icon pack) but none of the icons show in the status bar?

i've got a 5s running 8.1.1

the stock icons show but the added ones never do. i've resprung, reloaded settings, disabled then re-enabled but still nothing!

any tips?

germanguy

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2008
Hey guys

i've downloaded some added themes (opennotifier circle fullcolor and opennotifier color icon pack) but none of the icons show in the status bar?

the stock icons show but the added ones never do. i've resprung, reloaded settings, disabled then re-enabled but still nothing!

any tips?

Same problem here. Cannot get it to work iphone 6+ ios 8.1.1

tateu

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 27, 2012
Hey guys

I've tried a few icons from those packs on my iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.2 and they do show up in the statusbar. They are incomplete, though. They incorrectly show as white when they should be color but correctly show as color when other statusbar icons are black.

I don't know why they don't work for you.

brguest

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2007
Silent mode

The silent mode icon isn't showing up in the status bar. All the other icons are working. Am I missing something, perhaps a setting?

tateu

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 27, 2012
It works here

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 124

tateu

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 27, 2012
There is nothing that interferes with it, as far as I know. Maybe you don't have the settings for it done correctly? Maybe you are using an icon from a 3rd party icon pack that was built incorrectly?

How are you turning Silent Mode on? Through the iOS settings panel, via a control center FlipSwitch, via Activator (what's the name of the Activator trigger), etc?

I suggest:
  1. Make sure it is enabled on the main OpenNotifier settings page and that you have enabled a specific icon for it in the System Icons panel
  2. Try it with one of the default icons that I created, Silent_BW, because I know those were built correctly
  3. Send me your preference file and I'll check if your settings for it are correct. You can send it via email (you can find my email in the ON Cydia page) or you can post it somewhere like pastebin.com. The preference file is /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/net.tateu.opennotifier.plist
  4. Remove your preference files, respring and start over. I would delete /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/com.n00neimp0rtant.opennotifier.plist and rename /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/net.tateu.opennotifier.plist to net.tateu.opennotifier.plist.bak.

brguest

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2007
Got it - the Systems Icons toggle worked. The toggle was already on under Global Settings, but adding it under Systems Icons did the trick. Thank you for the fix instruction.

tateu

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 27, 2012
Got it - the Systems Icons toggle worked. The toggle was already on under Global Settings, but adding it under Systems Icons did the trick. Thank you for the fix instruction.
I'm not super happy with the way that is set up but I haven't come up with (wanted to spend the time coming up with) a better way.

On the one hand, I like being able to leave my system icon selected but turn it off quickly from the main page. On the other hand, I think it's confusing for users to initially figure out that you have to turn them on on the main page and then go select an icon.

Slumpey

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2011
Charlotte
I don't see OpenNotifier listed on the compatibility spreadsheet yet. Does OpenNotifier work with the new 8.3 jailbreak?

Last edited:

Slumpey

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2011
Charlotte
OpenNotifier is dependent on "libstatusbar" which probably needs to be updated. Every time there is a jailbreak "libstatusbar" has to be updated in order to view the icons on the status bar. I have other tweaks which are dependent on "libstatusbar" as well.

It because of this why I haven't taken the plunge and upgraded to 8.3 to jailbreak. Sticking on my 8.1.2 jailbreak until it's updated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.