Opera 9 is Universal

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bousozoku, Jun 20, 2006.

1. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Version 9 of the Opera web browser has become a Universal Binary application. It also seems to include the kitchen sink concept:

Opera 9 sports several new features, including widgets, content blocking, BitTorrent, and a search engine editor.

2. mduser63 macrumors 68040

mduser63

The betas were Universal too. I don't quite get Opera. It's fast and has a whole bunch of features, but I've never really needed any of them. The widgets feature is completely redundant on OS X (though nice for Windows and Linux users).

3. bousozoku thread starter Moderator emeritus

The widgets are redundant on Windows, too, considering that they can get the latest version of Konfabulator from Yahoo!

4. 7on macrumors 601

7on

I like Opera and would use it but I like Safari's bookmark .Mac sync. I know I could manage my bookmarks in Safari and use Opera to read them but I'm lazy. I do use Opera under Windows.

5. mduser63 macrumors 68040

mduser63

Yes, but it's not already built in like it is on a Mac. I guess for Panther users it could be nice.

6. mulletman13 macrumors 6502a

mulletman13

Yea, I like the fact that they are trying and everything, but I cannot get used to the ugly UI on it, and the ultimately useless features.

It's like Grand Theft Auto -- does so many things half-assed, it has to be 'good'.

7. FirePak macrumors regular

The new torrent feature is pretty cool but thats about thing that would make me want to use it. Im sure most browsers will be adding it soon aswell.

8. bousozoku thread starter Moderator emeritus

Maybe, it could have a spelling and grammar check for you, too. ;)