Operation Rescue (anti-abortion group) founder's Son comes out of the closet!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Neserk, Apr 20, 2004.

1. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Well, in my opinion, the guy is not a father, but a sperm donner. How could someone be such a narrow minded piece of ****? THAT IS HIS OWN SON!

As a father, I cannot imagine treating my child like that. What a shame. :mad: :( :mad:

2. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

I thought the son was adopted (not that it should make a difference)...did I misread? Either way, I do not find that being pro-life and having a gay son are at odds, so I find no excuse for the fathers' behavior on this matter...sad story...

3. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

you did not misread

but being anti-gay and having a gay son are at odds. i'm sure cheney's going through the same thing w/ his daughter. it gets harder to hate a group when a face is suddenly put on it.

4. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Well does being anti - abortion necessarily make you anti - gay? I would tend to infer as much (in this case at least), but I meant more in terms of a conflict of interest with his 'profession' as a pro-life activist. To clarify my point, if he had a daughter who had an abortion, that would be a conflict of interest...this not necessarily so...not disagreeing with your points zim, just making sure we are on the same page...and I appreciate your clarification on the sons adoptive status...

5. radhak macrumors regular

yes, it is possible to be pro-life and be non-homo-phobic, but Randall Terry does not fall in that category.

its amazing that when you read the interview you can feel Jamiel's love for his father is undiminished. for all that Terry Senior stands for, the fact that he adopted three kids off the street and gave them so much love that his son does not even grudge him his anger makes me pause.

its a pity what sort of public stance people take just because of self-righteousness and fear of public opinion.

frankly though, i can empathize a bit with the feeling of betrayal he might have after his son wrote that article, particularly about all the sex he had at home et al. almost a 'you really did not take care of me, dad'.

interesting that the reason Jamiel 'came out' was that he saw his father happier after his divorce...! as a devout (rabid?) Christian, would the father see this as poetic justice or divine retribution?

6. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

no, not at all. sorry, i didn't mean to imply that. but randall terry is anti-gay (first line of article):

7. JamesDPS macrumors regular

Read the article more carefully (and linked stories) -- it specifies that the father is vocally anti-gay... anyway the whole thing sounds right out of American Beauty or something -- I'd bet $1000 the dad is gay, too, but will never come to terms with his true identity...

8. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

absolutely

9. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Wow that's gotta be a messed up childhood. Sounds like this guy would have given anything to not be gay. As in, if he'd had a choice, he wouldn't have picked gay.

10. Neserk thread starter macrumors 6502a

Neserk

His anti-abortion stance and his anti-gay stance come from the same source. His religious beliefs. I had the displeasure of hearing him speak once. (long story) He is a (imo) a real jerk.

11. Neserk thread starter macrumors 6502a

Neserk

Most people would not. If I had the choice to be tall, I would have chosen that over being short, it has many drawbacks and few pluses. Hopefully, someday, those who are gay won't have to "come out" or "choose something different, if they could." Hopefully, some day sexual orientation will be a non-issue.

12. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

every time i get on a plane, i wish i was 5'4"

13. Neserk thread starter macrumors 6502a

Neserk

That would be among the *few advantages* I'm 5'1" and I can curl up and sleep just about anywhere. :p