Operational Altitude?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by saabmp3, Aug 12, 2002.

1. saabmp3 macrumors 6502a

Ok, so I just got my Powerbook in the mail (and when I say just, I mean like 5 minutes ago). I'm at work waiting for lunch break to set it up, so I'm reading Apple's web site. On one of thier pages I found a comment which says
    "Maximum operating altitude: 10,000 feet

Maximum storage altitude: 15,000 feet"

Now I'm going to be doing alot of flying. I'm assuming this doesn't matter because of the pressurized cabin, but why is there an altitude limit? Does it use that much air?

BEN

2. Ensign Paris macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

because the airoplane will have presurised cabins there should be no problem with height unless you were unlucky enough to have a blow out while on board there should be no problem. Maybe if you climbed mount Everest you would have problems, I don't know there ;)

Ensign

3. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I've always wondered about that myself. What happens at altitude that causes problems for the machine? Are there some pieces that need to be pressurized or have spaces, voids in them that would be affected by the change in pressure?

Anyone know?

D

4. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

The animals running on the little wheels which keep the computer running faint from the lack of oxygen at high altitudes and the computer stops working. :D

5. saabmp3 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well I'm glad somebody found an answer to our question.

BEN