Opinion on 20" LCD for Mac

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by geppert, Mar 4, 2004.

1. geppert macrumors newbie

I am thinking of replacing my 19" CRT with a flat panel.

I'm looking at 20" minimum and wondering what some of the best choices might be ... or if the Apple 20" is the best way to go?

I do some gaming (Stock G5 D2G with Radeon 9600) but mostly regular computer stuff. No high end photo imaging requirements.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. ToddW macrumors 6502a

As far as price goes, I think NEC's or Viewsonics are good displays, however the apple cinema displays are pretty awesome.

3. macphisto macrumors regular

You won't go wrong with any of the apple displays, especially the 20" one. Of all the other monitors that I have seen and compared, apple is bar none the best.

(if you can wait though, rumors are that they will be updated soon)

4. machem macrumors member

Formac

People have been saying Formac www.formac.com displays are a good buy, also; they are about $100 cheaper for a bit larger display, with a nicer (I think) bezel. I'm planning on getting a 17" from them this month.

5. machem macrumors member

People have been saying Formac www.formac.com displays are a good buy, also; they are about $100 cheaper for a bit larger display, with a nicer (I think) bezel. I'm planning on getting a 17" from them this month.

6. thehuncamunca macrumors 6502

you probably want to keep the CRT for gaming since they are much better at displaying outside their native resolutions
    the apple 20inch is very nice you might want to wait to see if they're going to update them