Opinion: Planet Apple

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by sebpayne, Nov 28, 2005.

1. sebpayne macrumors member

I want to try and give something back to the Mac community so I decided to start up a Mac/Apple related website. My original idea was 'Planet Mac' with a blog aggregator for Mac bloggers as well as a place to print articles.

I have sort of done this with Planet Apple. I found there was a company called Planet Mac which means I can't use the name (or does it). I have used Drupal CMS to create the site with the SpreadFirefox theme. If the reaction to the site is good, I will start to customise it.

You can find it at http://www.sebgate.f2s.com. What does anyone think? Should I stop now or continue?

Thanks

Seb (sebgate20 is back but now sebpayne :))

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Well, for one, I am not sure what you're giving back other than a site that features information found at other sites. I'm not sure...I think missed something so please forgive me. However, on your Planet Apple name...if there is a company with that name you need to change your site's name. The reason being is they're probably too small to care themselves, but the second anyone goes online and googles "planet apple" and your site hits first, that'll piss them off and then you'll just have to change the name so you may as well do it now.

Overall I do like the site because it is bright and fun. I think it can go places and I wish you the best of luck.