Opinions on Air Canada?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by imacintel, Aug 1, 2006.

1. imacintel macrumors 68000

Do you like them? Do they have good service? Tell your stories here. Only flew them once, it was ok. Sorta scared, as I was when I first flew canjet. I am flying out to St.Johns on the 25th of August.

Any happy or horror stories?

2. iGary Guest

iGary

3. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

They were fine, expensive, but fine. No problems.

4. imacintel thread starter macrumors 68000

Actually, we payed a price lower than WestJet and Canjet. :confused:

5. imacintel thread starter macrumors 68000

I am trying to sift through that to see if your just making fun of me.

6. iGary Guest

iGary

Paid.

7. Voidness macrumors 6502a

Voidness

I flew on so many different airlines. I would rank Air Canada in third place in terms of comfort and service (First place would be Emirates, and second would be British Airways). This year I flew in Air France. The service was good, but the seats were HORRIBLE! :rolleyes:

8. Danksi macrumors 68000

Danksi

Cheaper and slightly more leg room than British Airways, which is what we've always flown International before.

9. daze macrumors 6502

daze

I agree with you there. I've flown Emirates a few times, and they are an excellent airline. Air Canada, unfortunately, is terrible. Their planes are badly in need of overhaul. Not to mention that their flight crew is isn't up to par -- and very rude.

10. tipdrill407 macrumors 6502

I think Air Canada is horrible. The seats are very uncomfortable, even in first class. The fligh attendents and service agents are either very slow or rude.

Once I flew from Toronto to Orlando. Flight was scheduled to board at 8:20 pm. The plane wasn't even at Toronto International Airport Until 9:15!! Air Canada also refused to claim the flight was delayed, instead they said the flight was rescheduled and offered NO APOLOGY!!

11. iGary Guest

iGary

Pretty much™. :cool:

12. daze macrumors 6502

daze

WestJet crew is by far the friendliest. Love their planes, and their attitude.

13. elfin buddy macrumors 6502a

elfin buddy

Air Canada isn't bad at all. I mean, they could be a heck of a lot better too, but what airline couldn't improve?

I don't like their prices, but it's nice that you got a cheaper price with them than with the discount airlines. Remember Jetsgo and their loonie flights? No wonder they went out of business, haha...

I used to live in St. John's, so you should make a point of visiting George Street while you're there...;)

14. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

I usually fly AC. They're ok I guess, all the old Canadian employees are really great.

IMHO AC has the nicest lounges. My favourite is the one in Vancouver, I love the maple leaf lounges. A lot of the stewerdesses (sp?) can be *******s though.

15. imacintel thread starter macrumors 68000

Actually, I get to fly in the brand new Embraer 190. It is a bit better than their airbusses and ther boeing 767s

16. diehldun macrumors 6502a

I've flown on many many airlines, and the Air Canada's product has been gradually improving, but definitely not the best. I have to admit for me, their biggest problem is their service/cabin inconsistency. Try to avoid their Boeing 767 planes; my dad recently did and was truly unimpressed.

However, I'm glad that Air Canada ordered those new 777s and 787s :)
    I'd give them another try when those come into service.

Anyways, I just came back from London on Virgin Atlantic (Upper Class Suite). By far one of the best flights I've had in a while. From now on, that's the airline we're taking to Europe.

17. imacintel thread starter macrumors 68000

You gotta love the huge windows in those 787s. I had a delicious meal on AC.

I don't usually go on Executive class, but I have been bumped.