Opinions on the best case to prevent screen cracking?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by IverTHPS, Jun 14, 2009.

1. macrumors newbie

Jun 14, 2009
    Unfortunately, I never felt that having a case for the original iPhone was important until it recently fell onto the floor. The screen didn't "spiderweb," but there is a noticeable crack running through part of the screen.

I know that there's obviously no case which would protect my phone if it were dropped from the Chrysler Building, but does anyone have some recommendations regarding a case which might make the difference between a fall resulting in a cracked screen or not? I am heavily considering the following case for aesthetic purposes, but I would much rather have a case that protects my screen in the event of a fall.

Any advice regarding the previously-linked case, or another case which does a better job of protecting the phone, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
  2. Guest

May 26, 2004
    Randy's House
  3. macrumors 603

Jun 28, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Still leaves the screen open. It can shatter.

Best bet might be an Otterbox.
  4. macrumors 6502

Dec 6, 2008
    Deployed atm
    I would say the incase slider would be your best bet. It leaves the screen open but the shell around the hole case is fit so tight, that the screen cant bend or shatter. I will never stop using this case. It has saved my iphone twice, in which im not just saying i dropped it, it was in my back pocket when i slipped going down a mountain, and the pocket my phone was in, smashed into a sharp rock under neath me. thats 180 lbs of presser against a sharp rock and the screen didnt even brake. It left a gash in my case almost going through to the back of my iphone. If i wouldnt of had that case, i would be iphoneless. What a sad thought. :(
  5. macrumors 6502

Mar 23, 2009
    i don't like the ivyskin t4 but its the only case i know that completely cover the screen.
  6. macrumors regular

Jun 12, 2009
    Have a look at this one:

It leaves the screen open (as most do, however it has that lip around the screen that should it fall on a flat surface that will absorb the blow and the screen shouldn't touch it.