Opinions on the HP Photosmart C3180 printer/scanner/copier?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by blackstone, Aug 20, 2006.

1. blackstone macrumors regular

Dec 12, 2005
    Washington, DC
    So, I got this multifunction printer free after rebate when I got my new Macbook, and am debating whether or not to keep it. I've already got an Epson flatbed scanner that I like, but I'm thinking that I could save some space on my desk by selling the scanner and using the C3180 for both scanning and photo printing.

(For those not sure which device I'm talking about, here is a link to the HP Photosmart C3180 at the Apple Store.)

If anyone has this device and has put it through its paces, I'm interested in knowing:
    (1) How is it as a scanner? Does it scan colors accurately? (I've heard some bad things about the scanners in HP multifunction devices before -- blown-out colors, etc.)
    (2) How is it as a photo printer? (I don't really care about how it prints text, since I've got a laser printer for that.)

2. bep207 macrumors 6502

Jul 20, 2006
    its pretty average on both of these points... nothing to scream about, nothing to complain about. at least not for the price
  3. barr08 macrumors 65816

Aug 9, 2006
    Boston, MA
    Yeah unless you do some hardcore printing, I think it's a nice little package. I use it, and have had nothing but good results from day one. And $0 after mail in rebate isn't anything to turn your nose up at.