Opinions on the iSkin eXo?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by beez7777, Aug 20, 2003.

1. beez7777 macrumors 6502a

beez7777

i'm looking for a case for a 3G 15 gig iPod, because the one that came with it doesn't really do a good job of protecting it from scratches and stuff. i also want a case that wont take away from the simplicity and elegance of the iPod. the iSkin eXo looks pretty cool, and with the screen protector and belt clip it's even more enticing. i was wondering if anyone has one of these and could post their opinions on it.

iSkin eXo

2. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

i have to say, that's one of the neatest i have seen. for an iPod, i don't think you need much protection, unless you throw it on the ground a lot. the thing is strikingly scratch prone, but the scratches it garners are all from very minor wear and tear, rarely from getting b****-slapped around and what not. a very thin layer of protection is more than enough to ward of the little scratches that really mess it up. this one sounds like it could be still thinner, but ~3 mm isn't too bad. i would get it, it i did much more with mine than dock it with my stereo and take it on road trips.

3. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

That looks to be one of the coolest looking ipod protection accessories; I would buy it, if I had a 3g ipod :D

4. chewbaccapits macrumors 6502a

chewbaccapits

As soon as I get some cash I buying a couple....They seem to be back ordered on many of the colors though :(

5. Flowbee macrumors 68030

Flowbee

I bought one for my wife's new 10gb iPod. She loves it. It's very well made, durable, and you can pull the bottom of the pod out of the iskin so that it fits in the dock. Also, the little bit of depth that the case adds around the buttons really helps prevent touching the buttons accidentally.

Bought it from www.thinkdifferentstore.com. Very fast shipping, and it came with a clear plastic zip case which fits the iSkinned iPod.

PS: I haven't received the screen protector yet. There was a production delay on them. Just using PDA protector film over the screen for the time being. Works just fine.

PPS: It looks really cool, too.

6. Xero macrumors 6502

can you say, "pocket protector for your pocket protectors"?! :D

7. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

i don't have the iskin exo but I have other iskin products like the keyboard protector for the ibook and the iskin for 20gb ipod. Both are really high quality and I would never look back. The iskin for the ipod fits perfectly (compared to the groove jacket I once owned) and it collects less dirt than that groove jacket too. i think you will really enjoy the iskin, especially since you might be able to stand it straight on any table without a dock or to not owrry about it in your pocket.

8. jxyama macrumors 68040

jxyama

i got the DLO Jam Jacket, which is similar. i like it, but i think this one is better, with virtual complete coverage and the screen protector. the only thing i don't like is the belt clip. i don't use it, so i'd rather not have the clip bolt on it...

looks cool, though.

other products you might consider:

DLO Jam Jacket

Speck Products

9. robbybogers macrumors member

My mom and I both have one and I love it. I use the belt clip it has but you can take it off it is just a screw. I actually got mine from ebay from the think different store and didn't get the screen protector but i got it for under $30.

10. DreaminDirector macrumors 6502a

DreaminDirector

I've got the old iSkin for my 2G 10BG iPod and it is the best. What I really like about it is that is rubbery surface makes it hold on to table tops. I highly recommend anything that the iSkin people put out.

11. vollspacken macrumors 65816

vollspacken

a friend of mine from the US will spent one year in Germany from the end of this month on and I thinking about telling him to get me the 15Gig one before he leaves (much cheaper than over here)... this skin looks like a nice way of protecting your pod... especially the frosted white one.

we'll see ;)

vSpacken