opinions wanted

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by graphicsward, Feb 18, 2012.

1. graphicsward, Feb 18, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2012

graphicsward macrumors member

Aug 22, 2009
    hey folks, I'm working on rebranding my freelance design logo and want some opinions on how i'm doing so far. Thank you much.

GraphicsWard, is a play on my name, what I do and where I do it. The icon represents a map with parks in the shape of the G to symbolize the ease of working with me in the crowded city of design and advertising. I wanted to keep the text as simple and readable as possible as fonts on a map would be.

Attached Files:

2. xxBURT0Nxx macrumors 68020

Jul 9, 2009
    my .02....

it doesn't look like a map.. more like a bunch of stones or rocks. Kind of reminds me of a glass pane window actually.

Font is not easy to read

Looks too cluttered

Perhaps if you want to convey a map use colors other than white and grey. Maybe a layout with a symbol over the interstate with more bold lines to signify the freeway, and then have a more solid "G" in front as opposed to one that takes it's shape by filling in areas between the roads. Looks kind of sloppy to me, and like I said, gives it a pane glass look, not a map and letter look.

Hope that helps. Good Luck! :D
  3. radug, Feb 18, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2012

radug macrumors member

Aug 12, 2010

first thought was a map..so to me it doesn't look like window panes. i can see how one would though, so +1 for a less cluttered, clearer version.

that said, the colour scheme could use some more work : that green just doesn't go too well with the greys. Put a bit more yellow into it. (something along the lines of #7CA327.

pay attention to the upper left-hand corner : does not resemble a street layout, might need revising.

furthermore, i would play a little more with the positioning of the title. Perhaps splitting the 2 words on separate lines?

as a final note, font choice could be better than semibold MyriadPro, as it doesn't reflect any of the characteristics of the G in the logo.
    side question : if the company is named GraphicsWard, why is there only a G in the logo ? there is need for more consistency.

as it is right now, it's a ~good logo, but it has potential for more :)
  4. radug macrumors member

Aug 12, 2010
    quick 30-sec mock.

Attached Files: