Oppo N1

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by Cnasty, Sep 23, 2013.

1. macrumors 65816

Cnasty

2. macrumors 68040

tbayrgs

If it wasn't so damn big I'd definitely be interested--some true attempts at innovation. Choosing your UI, gesture navigation using the back of the device, and love the swivel camera--no need to use a terrible front facing camera's manufacturer's presently use.

And considering it's running CyanogenMod, I'd guess updates would come quickly.

3. MRU
    macrumors demi-god

MRU

I think it looks pretty ugly to be honest, quite tacky and cheap. The oppo Find was alright, but just hate the design of this,... Meh.

4. macrumors 6502a

Really? there is nothing to it. Such a simple design (minus the swivel camera)

Love the super small bezel

5. macrumors 6502

Damn, I want one.

6. macrumors 6502a

maximus96

a long time ago i bought an oppo dvd player that upscales dvd to 1080 i or p or whatever...didn't know they make phones now...

7. MRU
    macrumors demi-god

MRU

I watched the Engadget hands on video and it looked vastly less impressive than the press shots to be honest.

8. thread starter macrumors 65816

Cnasty

That swivel camera is pretty cool and maximizes a better camera for all shots.

Not sure the actual quality of it compared to other cameras but like new ideas and giving it a go versus the same ol.

9. macrumors 6502

The hands on video by Engadget looks impressive to me.

10. MRU
    macrumors demi-god

MRU

we are Ying and yang ;)

11. macrumors 68030

Savor

Oppo is one of the big Android OEM's in China and is very popular at selling their own line of Blu-ray players.

I actually didnt hear about them until the Oppo Find 5.

The swivel camera is an idea borrowed from the likes of the Sony Bloggie (HD recorder) that I owned which came out about 3 years ago. But I concept I like in phones as it should eliminate crappier front-facing cameras and much easier and better photos for self-portraits. Swivel camera is another very simple but practical idea like dual-frontal speakers that eliminates some hassle.

12. macrumors 68020

TacticalDesire

If the screen wasn't so big I would definitely buy.