Optimus mini three keyboard available for preorder

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Spanky Deluxe, Feb 6, 2006.

1. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

Do any of you remember when the first OLED keyboard from Optimus was announced?
    Well they're now accepting pre-orders for their "Optimus mini three keyboard". Its basically a three button gadget where the buttons have an OLED display in them.

Check it out: http://www.artlebedev.com/portfolio/optimus-mini/

2. prostuff1 macrumors 65816

prostuff1

I like it but there is no way i would spend $100 on a keyboard that i cant type on. When they get the full product out and if it is not to expensive then i might try that one. BUt i will not spend that much for three buttons.

3. Coheebuzz macrumors 6502

The only drawback i see is the OLED lifetime, the website claims 5000 hours which will last me a bit more than a year considering my use. On the other hand OLED life keeps improving all the time and am sure that by summer they'll fix the issues with the blue elements - red and green supposedly have a lifetime of 20000 hours.

Now if they just released the full keyboard with normal keys i would still buy it - i've always been looking something better to complement my G5.

4. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

$100 for 3 buttons? Wow, a full size 124 key kb will be what? $4,133.33? Cool!

5. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

Huh? Windows only?!? From the original website I would have thought they're Mac-heads. At least they tell us that others are coming soon... But wasn't this thing supposed to be OS-independent originally?

Some other news:

The price of the keyboard is $100 until April 2, 2006.
    After April 2, 2006 the price will be higher. :eek:

Full-size Optimus keyboard is being developed. We are looking forward to laying our hands on a sample before year-end.