option for strapping/holding ipad to Cardio machines?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by 10smom, May 1, 2010.

1. macrumors regular

Mar 26, 2008
    Bring on the Smarty comments! :D I know they are coming!

I need a way to view my ipad while exercising on cardio equipment at the gym, without it fall off every 5 seconds. The ledge space is way to slim to even think about placing the ipad there and expecting it to stay. I have tried that with the phone and it slips off often.

I was think the Apple case may be an option and flipping over the top of the machine so it just hangs there but I still would want a way to secure it...

I would appreciate any suggestions.
  2. thread starter macrumors regular

Mar 26, 2008
    NO one has come up with a solution for this yet? Surely there are many others wit intention of using the Ipad for this purpose. What has worked for you. Thanks
  3. macrumors 68000

Feb 26, 2008
    I'm sure there will be armbands for it soon enough!
  4. macrumors regular

May 5, 2006
    Mesa Arizona
    My gym has these clear plastic shelf things that slide over the machine for reading a book or magazine. I'm pretty sure they would work fine with the iPad.
  5. JCT
    macrumors 6502

Jan 5, 2004
    Tucson, AZ
    Looking forward to that visual.

For the OP, I'm heading into the basement to setup a magazine stand on my elliptical tonight. I think that I am going to use two thin velcro "straps" to hold it on at the top and bottom.

6. macrumors 6502

Jun 6, 2010
    I'm shocked...I've googled for 30 minutes to find a case with a strap...for use at the gym.

And found NOTHING.
  7. macrumors 68000

Feb 26, 2008
    Did you look at the Otter utility strap, I think this could be used to rig to an elliptical machine.