Order canceled?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by niter, Dec 25, 2003.

1. niter macrumors 6502

Help?!

I checked on the status of the emac I helped FH's grandmother order and the printer has shipped (and been received), the stand has shipped, but the emac itself has a yellow triangle with an exclimation point and the word canceled in red underneath it. At the bottom of the invoice, it is listed again with the same ship date and the total still includes all items ordered?

Does this mean the computer is coming or not? Could it be some minor upgrade issue causing the order to be held until the release of the upgrade (though I really did not anticipate the eMacs to be updated)?

The part that concerns me is that she is very timid with this computer order. FH and I did the ordering for them and I do not want to alarm them if this is no problem. Additionally, it is best I talk to Apple but I have a hunch that Apple (nor any other business) would want to talk to me when I am not the credit card holder! I know if I call her tonight and tell her the order may be canceled they will be crushed. She called me up yesterday to say the printer arrived and it was the first time I heard such excitement in her.

:(

2. niter thread starter macrumors 6502

Here is the email Apple sent. I hope this means she is going to get an upgrade of somesort:

Dear Valued Apple Customer,

We appreciate your recent Apple Store Order W######

Due to an unexpected supply delay, we are unable to ship the
    following
    item(s) by the date that you were originally quoted:

M8784G/A, EMAC 17IN CRT STAND-GEN
    will now ship on or before 12/24/2003

Please note that product availability can change rapidly, and it is
    possible that your order may ship much sooner than we anticipate.
    You
    may even receive a shipment confirmation between the time we send
    this
    email and the time that you read it.

If you prefer, you may change or cancel your order anytime before
    it
    is
    shipped, and receive a prompt refund, by calling us at
    800-676-2775
    ext-56500 Mon-Fri 8am-9pm, Sat-Sun 9am-6pm (Central).

If we do not hear from you, we will continue processing your order.
    You
    u will receive an email notification once your order has been
    shipped.

We encourage you to visit http://www.apple.com/orderstatus or
    http://store.apple.com/ and click the "Your Account" button to view
    the
    status of your order.

We appreciate your business and apologize for any inconvenience
    this
    delay may have caused you. Thank you for shopping at the Apple
    Store!

3. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

I believe it shows "cancelled" because the original terms of order, eg the ship-by date that you specified or that they gave you was not met, and the tracking system knows that they simply cannot fulfill the original order as stated. But, with the email, I'd say to relax and wait a couple of days, if you don't see a status update, then start calling Apple. And FYI, if they give you crap about not being the cardholder, tell them the cardholder authorized you to talk to them, get rude if you need to. Don't take no for an answer. This is a considerable amount of money, they should treat you as such.

paul

4. Grimace macrumors 68040

Grimace

I say it's because the eMacs are being updated. The ship date would put it very close to MWSF where there are numerous rumors of updated emacs. Maybe Apple is just being nice....